No posts to download

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

No posts to download

Postby JonnyCabs » Sun May 21, 2017 8:34 am

Approx 3 days ago a problem started that i cannot seem to get rid of.

When i start newsbin it auto downloads headers from 4 tv groups that i watch.
As per normal these are then assembled into a post list and i select something, it downloads to my pc, unrars and all is fine.

However, for the last 3 or 4 days the headers download, the blue progress bar shows they are being assembled, then nothing.....

I toggle "display settings" and "filter profile" but there are NO posts to show. It feels as if all my headers are being deleted as soon as they are downloaded.

I have tried a re-install but this has had no effect. The only change i made to my pc was to install .Net framework 4 and switch AVG to Panda anti-virus.

I have also toggled xfeatures both on and off with no success.

Running XP SP3 with Newsbin 6.73 build 4821 / registered
JonnyCabs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/02/06

Re: No posts to download

Postby Quade » Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 am

1 - Look down at the bottom of the program where it says "Cache" is there a number in parens? (XXX)

2 - If not, I might take one group, right click it select "Post Storage/Delete Stores Posts" then set a "Download Age" of 10 in the options and then download headers normally for that group. Then see what happens.

3 - Look in the logging tab for errors. Astraweb seemed to be having problems with their SSL servers the other day.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: No posts to download

Postby JonnyCabs » Mon May 22, 2017 12:53 pm

It looks as though deleting the stored posts was the answer.

I think the files may have been corrupted because my pc has been acting up and freezing/resetting quite a lot.

As to the cache, the number changed between 0,1 and 2 at different times during the header download process but always settled on 0 once the post list was populated.

The logging tab didn't show any errors....I forgot to say this in my original post.

Anyhow.....thanks for the help.
JonnyCabs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/02/06

Return to V6 Technical Support