Pause that works and does not unpause automatically

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Pause that works and does not unpause automatically

Postby boehlahz » Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 am

Hi.
I'm using 6.72 build 4776

I will try my best to explain. (Topic: Pause that works and does not unpause automatically)
My problem is when I pause individual files that are being downloaded and instead start downloading pars the files i just paused start downloading again. I pause them again but they keep resuming. I want to download the pars before using my fill server to download the other broken files. I want to use my fill server as little as possible because money and the fact that the pause function just auto-resumes is frustrating. I did a search before posting but did not find my specific problem. Maybe there is a setting for this? Thank you Image link not allowed for unregistered users
boehlahz
n00b
n00b

Re: Pause that works and does not unpause automatically

Postby Quade » Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 am

I get what you're trying to do but Newsbin wasn't really designed for a semi-automated download like this. When you download that PAR and Newsbin notices it doesn't have enough PAR blocks, it tries to then download the rest of the related files.

You might be better off setting a longer retry time. Maybe 10 retires, make sure "Aggressive mode" is disabled, then keeping the fill server turned off till you really need it. So files that are fine without the fill should just download and files that need you to manually mess with them will stall out in the download list till you either download the pars or re-enable the fill server.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support