Downloading Sample File Only

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Downloading Sample File Only

Postby bodhicitta7 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:00 am

When downloading TV files, Newsbin frequently downloads the sample file only. The download shows as complete, but the only file I receive is the sample file. I do not see this issue with other file formats, only TV. Doesn't seem to matter if the post is brand new or a few days old. Same issue regardless of nzb source. I'm a long term user, and this is a new issue in just the last couple of weeks. Anyone else seeing this?
bodhicitta7
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/21/05

Re: Downloading Sample File Only

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:41 am

When downloading TV files, Newsbin frequently downloads the sample file only. The download shows as complete, but the only file I receive is the sample file. I do not see this issue with other file formats, only TV. Doesn't seem to matter if the post is brand new or a few days old. Same issue regardless of nzb source. I'm a long term user, and this is a new issue in just the last couple of weeks. Anyone else seeing this?

Believe it's fixed in the current 6.80 beta. You might need to re-download headers if you download older files, If you're just downloading new files, they new files should show correctly.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Downloading Sample File Only

Postby bodhicitta7 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:30 am

Yep, upgrading to the beta fixed the issue. I did a few searches on the forums for this issue before posting and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem. Sorry if I missed a previous thread on this. Thanks Quade, much appreciated.
bodhicitta7
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/21/05

Return to V6 Technical Support