No newsbin.nbi file

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

No newsbin.nbi file

Postby jeepers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:41 pm

I had to do a windows 10 reset and of course it removed my Newsbin..I re-installed Newsbin but for some reason it will only open with Administrator Privileges. I contacted Dexter at support he was very helpful but i want to run Newsbin as a Normal user account, Dexter suggested editing the newsbin.nbi file but i cannot find any such file on my Laptop.

If i navigate to the user\*******\appdata\local\newsbin dir there is no newsbin.nbi file and the program files dir does not have it. Is this file a hidden file..? and if so how do i get to see it
Thanks
John
jeepers
n00b
n00b

Re: No newsbin.nbi file

Postby Quade » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:50 am

You can try 2 things.

1 - In the options select "Open Data Folder" and look in there.

2 - From the menu "File/Save As", note the folder, then cancel. This will open the folder where the NBI file is.

You'll probably have to move the NBI to the data folder if it's not already there and then edit it to make it use folders you current user can write too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: No newsbin.nbi file

Postby jeepers » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 am

Thanks for the reply..I have managed to fix the problem..I copied the newsbin.nbi file from my Admin account and edited it. in the file it was pointing to users\my admin account\appdata\local\newsbin....i edited it to users\my Normal account\appdata\local\newsbin. and now i can open it without elevated privileges .
Thank you for the help it is much appreciated.
jeepers
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support