.nzb files not opening

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

.nzb files not opening

Postby DeadSerious » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:16 am

I've searched for this, but couldn't find anything directly addressing this particular issue. Just since the last few days, I suddenly can't run any .nzb files. They open, but according to the log, they're all getting filtered out. I tried opening one of the files in notepad, and noticed the group it was loading under and removed the filter and download filter from the settings, but still couldn't get it to work. I tried combing through the .nzb, looking for anything that matched ANY of my filters, but still no luck. The message I get in the log is "File Feed Pre Filtered," so obviously SOMETHING is causing the segments to get filtered out, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I tried a couple from December of last year that I hadn't deleted from the HD, and they loaded fine. I can't think of anything that I've changed in the last few days that would have caused this. Is there any way to bypass the filters when loading the .nzb as there is when selecting a header? If not, anyone have any suggestions that I haven't tried yet? I did make sure I updated to RC5, too, but that didn't help. Thanks!
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Re: .nzb files not opening

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:28 am

Do you have an filters set in the "NZB Options"? There's a filter you can set there to filter NZB's. Also look at your poster lockouts too. They can also filter NZB's
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: .nzb files not opening

Postby DeadSerious » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:39 am

Thanks for the quick response. Yep, it was the second one. One of the "dirty rotten spammers" was a match. Seems to be working now.
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Return to V6 Technical Support