BUG: .nzb in Newsbin downloads PARS first

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

BUG: .nzb in Newsbin downloads PARS first

Postby foomanchu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Loading .NZB files in Newsbin Pro 6.80 Build 5058 starts downloading all the .par files first, and then starts on the binary files.

I have "Pause PARS and only download the ones needed for Repair" marked, but that setting appears to be broken in this version of Newsbin.
foomanchu
n00b
n00b

Re: BUG: .nzb in Newsbin downloads PARS first

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:58 pm

NZB files that only group the pars together properly have this issue. Which is many of the new weird NZBs.

I'd suggest 6.81. It automatically combines autoloaded NZB's (Double-Click, Sonarr, drag and drop and NZB Autoload) into a single line. The orders the PARS below the files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby foomanchu » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:06 pm

OK, will try it. FYI the pars were in a "single line", which I believe you are referring to being nested in the download itself. I don't have the problem of them loading separately as separate .par2 downloads, instead they are nested, but the setting to only download PAR files as needed was still not working.
foomanchu
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:30 pm

but the setting to only download PAR files as needed was still not working.

If they don't group properly, there's no way to know if files are still downloading for a set. Newsbin will download "in group" pars with each retry failure in hopes of eventually completing the files. When a set of files and pars group, Newsbin knows when the last file has downloaded so it can then download pars as needed. That's why force grouping these fucked up NZB files solves this issue.

The primary goal is to finish downloads. Saving bandwidth by not downloading pars is a secondary goal. If something unexpected happens, like you're trying to download ungrouped sets, you may end up with too many pars.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support