local search with nb6.82 build 5142 does not find all posts

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

local search with nb6.82 build 5142 does not find all posts

Postby don_colchon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:37 am

Hi.

Local search with newsbin 6.82 build 5142 does not find all posts [b]after download of all headers.[/b]

Example:
Backup complete directory SPOOL_V6/alt.binaries.inner-sanctum, first.
Delete stored posts of alt.binaries.inner-sanctum.
Download all headers of alt.binaries.inner-sanctum.

After the download of billion+ headers is complete, search for subject "an_heir_of_dissonance" in this group without any filter. [b]There will be no result. <- this is the error[/b]
Search for subject 70fe33d7ead5c4fc7a327da60a1beae0 in this group without any filter. There will a result.
Click on the (+): there is the file "an_heir_of_dissonance" and many others with different unique subjects. None of them can be found with local search.

Close newsbin.

Backup the downloaded complete directory SPOOL_V6/alt.binaries.inner-sanctum and replace it with the old backup.
Start newsbin and search for subject "an_heir_of_dissonance" in this group without any filter. There will be a result. This is expected.

Is there a workaround? I want to find all subjects which are stored in the database.

Maybe it is not directly related to 6.82. I changed from 6.81 to 6.82 last week and I keep all headers of many groups from 2008 upto now. From time to time I upgrade newsbin since many years and sometimes the database format changes.
The old directory SPOOL_V6/alt.binaries.inner-sanctum has 3 databases:
Range.db3 Storage.db3 StorageData.db3
The new directory - after delete all posts and download all headers - has 2 databases:
Range.db3 Storage.db3.

PS: NB6.82 is much more stable than NB6.81 when working with huge groups.

Thank you.
..come un gatto vorrei vivere..
don_colchon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/17/02

Re: local search with nb6.82 build 5142 does not find all po

Postby Quade » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:12 pm

I'll have to try to repeat you experiment. It's so much data it might take awhile.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support