Download List: Entries automatically removed

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Download List: Entries automatically removed

Postby mho » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Background: I don't use automatic unrar (it does not do it the way I like it, which is fine).

Now, when an entry in the Download List has finished downloading, it seems that it will disappear, immediately, even when the files are not decoded. The AutoPAR->UnRAR Files menu entry leads me to believe that manual decode is not intentionally removed, but it's hard to use if complete downloads aren't in the list:-)

Also, the "Delete RARs and PARs" (?) functionality seems to be missing. (I used that a lot in 5; some things I hit "Decode" and let Newsbin unrar (and delete the downloaded rars and pars), other things I decoded with 7z, and then hit "Delete RARs and PARs" to get rid of things on disk (and also from the scratch list)).

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Re: Download List: Entries automatically removed

Postby Quade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm

If you turn off autopar, it doesn't do anything with the files. Doesn't check them, Doesn't repair them, doesn't control PAR download. It's basically raw download mode. The files download and are removed from the download list.

If you leave autopar on but, turn off unrar. It'll download, check and repair the files.

I understand what you're asking about and it doesn't work that way. As to what happens in the future, I'm not sure. I don't want to leave them in the download list after download. Maybe put them into the wish list if they don't unrar. I don't know at this point.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby mho » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Quade wrote:If you leave autopar on but, turn off unrar. It'll download, check and repair the files.

I understand what you're asking about and it doesn't work that way. As to what happens in the future, I'm not sure. I don't want to leave them in the download list after download. Maybe put them into the wish list if they don't unrar. I don't know at this point.

Yes, this is, I guess, a bit of fallout after merging the Download list and AutoPAR tab - as the things didn't have exactly the same semantics, somethings gotta give. Perhaps it would be possible to create a Downloaded list, where files not decoded are moved from the Download list when they are done?

As it stands, now, I don't think that AutoPAR->UnRAR is much use, so you might as well remove it from the Download list, if entries are not going to persist after download is complete.

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Postby Jonny » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 am

The Files tab lists all downloaded files.

Regards;
/jb
Jonny
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/29/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support