V6b2 Downloadlist is not clearing itself automatically

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

V6b2 Downloadlist is not clearing itself automatically

Postby FriedLocust » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am

The files are completly downloaded and fully functional but stay in the download list. When I clean the list manually it says stop all downloads? But downloads are allready finished.

Any ideas? Logs don't show any errors.
FriedLocust
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/13/05

Re: V6b2 Downloadlist is not clearing itself automatically

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I'd guess that it's broken. There are some known issues in B2.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby FriedLocust » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:32 pm

OK, bit annoying, but I can live with it. :D I'll wait for beta 3 then.^^

FYI, this does not happen with jpg and mp3 files, so far only with rar's.
FriedLocust
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby magician1962 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:51 pm

I believe I have seen the same, expand the item and see if there are par files paused.
LIke you jpgs or other downloads with single item are not an issue
magician1962
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/21/10

Postby Moondawgie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:57 pm

FriedLocust wrote:OK, bit annoying, but I can live with it. :D I'll wait for beta 3 then.^^

FYI, this does not happen with jpg and mp3 files, so far only with rar's.

With my installation all such files are .par2 files for non-rarred, multipart .avi, .mov, and .mpg files. All such files are found to have been fully downloaded, intact and useable, yet they continue to appear in the downloads list displaying the green "Downloaded" icon, but are hidden from view in the posts lists when "hide old" is enabled.
MS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I- ASUS P8Z77-V LE; Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz; 16.0GB DDR3; 500 Mbps cable internet.
Moondawgie
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/03

Postby FriedLocust » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 am

magician1962 wrote:I believe I have seen the same, expand the item and see if there are par files paused.
LIke you jpgs or other downloads with single item are not an issue

No, the par's are not paused they're fully downloaded.

I turned on now autopar und autounrar and the files dissapear as intended from the downloadlist. ;) I know it is a useful feature. :D I like it. :)
But I like to par und unrar them manually (it's a question of diskspace in my case). And the files to disappear from the downloadlist when the files are finished dowloading like in the 5.xx version. :D
FriedLocust
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 am

You know the autopar tab is gone right? For me, I see the download list and the autopar tab combined. If I just clear out the download list, you won't really know that the files have been repaired and are perfect.

So, from my perspective, when unrar is disabled, it should stay there waiting for you to manually unrar the files. Also it needs an "Autopar" like column that tells you the state of the files. So, at a glance you can see that they're at 100% or needing repair or something. That's the direction I'm going anyway. Not saying it won't eventually be optional.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby neilt0 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 am

Quade wrote:So, from my perspective, when unrar is disabled, it should stay there waiting for you to manually unrar the files

Off the top of my head, here are the clients that keep the downloaded files in "Queue Jail" after they are completely downloaded and repair/unpack is turned off:

* Newsbin 6.x

And the ones that release them from Queue Jail after they have been downloaded:

* Newsbin 5.x
* SABnzbd
* nzbget

I've never used Grabit or Newsleecher, but I'm guessing there's no Queue Jail for them either?

Free the files! :D

Or, maybe just have an option there. :wink:
neilt0
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/07/03

Postby richy99 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 pm

v5 had the autopar tab so you could see if it was processed or not, now it is in the download list
richy99
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/03

Postby FriedLocust » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Quade wrote:You know the autopar tab is gone right? For me, I see the download list and the autopar tab combined. If I just clear out the download list, you won't really know that the files have been repaired and are perfect.

Well, I do inspect the integrety of the files manually with multipar. And then unrar it. So I know if the files are good.
As a I wrote, it is a matter of diskspace for me and of course an old habit of controlling all for myself :mrgreen: .
Sure harddisks are not expensive I could buy an sdd/hdd for just the big 40GB downloads.

Quade wrote:So, from my perspective, when unrar is disabled, it should stay there waiting for you to manually unrar the files. Also it needs an "Autopar" like column that tells you the state of the files. So, at a glance you can see that they're at 100% or needing repair or something. That's the direction I'm going anyway. Not saying it won't eventually be optional.

Optional would be nice. If autounrar and autopar are off it could clean the fully downloaded files from the list, as in 5.xx. And if autounrar and autopar are on, it would be the direction you intend to be going.
Don't get me wrong, the all fully automatical approach appeals to me, but sometimes I need full control over my downloads without going into options.
Or maybe a checkbox in options under autopar options saying: clear downloads from downloadlist when fully downloaded if autopar and autounrar are turned off?
FriedLocust
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support