Downloads: Status field doesn't tell if completed

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Downloads: Status field doesn't tell if completed

Postby mho » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi,

When AutoPAR is on, but Automatic UnRAR is off, it is currently hard to tell if a post has completed download/repair. It seems the size for a post now includes the par files, so (if everything is OK), you usually end up with Size: saying "1.46 GB / 1.56 GB [...]" and the Status: not being filled all the way. If a repair is triggered, the Status: field will change colour, but if all is complete, it looks the same as while downloading.

It would be very nice if AutoPAR updated the Status: colour when it decides it is done with a post, and no more can currently be done. (Green for all OK, Red for not enough parts to repair, or something)

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Re: Downloads: Status field doesn't tell if completed

Postby JS_racer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 am

saw this today, i agree.
i have a few folders i extract to so i was doing it manually. hard to tell whats good or not in a glance.
JS_racer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/23/04

Postby DThor » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 am

Yup, it's something Quade will be looking at. The current thinking is that colours aren't the best option - some people are colourblind, after all, plus it can get really ugly quickly - and that an informative column would suit better. I like colours while it's executing, the yellow for repair, green for extract, but the column sort of makes sense to me.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby magician1962 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

DThor wrote:Yup, it's something Quade will be looking at. The current thinking is that colours aren't the best option - some people are colourblind, after all, plus it can get really ugly quickly - and that an informative column would suit better. I like colours while it's executing, the yellow for repair, green for extract, but the column sort of makes sense to me.

DT

Colour is good , but as you say not so for those with sight imparement. The information column option is also good, maybe colour and words could be used together, assuming addeqaute colour contrast.

Not sure where I found this link, but its very usefull on teh colours front

http://contrast-a.dasplankton.com/
magician1962
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/21/10

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Select the line and hit the wrench, if there's a par, you get a detailed report of it's current status. Summary column will be there eventually.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support