Out of Drive Space...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Out of Drive Space...

Postby cj1067 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 am

When the hard drive fills up, Newsbin Pauses the downloads and a message box pops up. While this message box is displayed, it is impossible to do anything such as view and delete files within newsbin. If i click <ok> to make the box go away, it resumes the downloads for a few seconds and then the box re-appears. I think that when I press <OK>, the downloads should remain paused. This would allow me time to view and choose what to delete within Newsbin. The alternative is to hit <OK> then Hit the pause button which works for roughly a minute until the message box reappears.
-Chris
PS V6 is looking good :D
cj1067
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/13/04

Re: Out of Drive Space...

Postby mho » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 pm

cj1067 wrote:When the hard drive fills up, Newsbin Pauses the downloads and a message box pops up. While this message box is displayed, it is impossible to do anything such as view and delete files within newsbin.

This is actually (somewhat) fixed in V6; the popup is no longer modal, so if you don't click it, you can still do things in the application. I agree it would be nice if it was possible to dismiss the window w/o unpausing, though, as it cannot be iconified and thus is clutter...

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support