B5: Crashes, Filters broken?

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

B5: Crashes, Filters broken?

Postby mho » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi,

The new-new-GUI seems to works very well; I can finally get my tabs where I want them:-)

Unfortunately, the rest doesn't work very well, for me. I have a ton of stuff in Downloads.db3 (mostly in Wishlist), and when B5 has started up, it seems to start downloading random PARs (for paused or completed entries in the download list), and after a few minutes, crashes.

I moved Downloads.db3 aside, for now, and updated headers and loaded a GoG, and then I found that filters did not seem to do anything...

Update: I just closed and re-loaded the GoG, and now filters work... Maybe it was due to the header updates' deferred database updates not being complete? I haven't noticed this in earlier betas, though.

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Re: B5: Crashes, Filters broken?

Postby mho » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:07 pm

I paused everything in Download list, and now it doesn't seem to crash. (after copying back Downloads.db3)

It seems that it crashed while doing things (downloading par files) for jobs that had previously finished and me then having manually unrared and removed files. I have a lot of junk left in Download list in wait for a search function so I can clean it up:-)

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 am

I had a report that uninstalling B4 before installing B5 stops the crashing.

Not really enough detail in the "random par downloads". If they're in the download list this is normal. if it's downloading them from the wish list, it's not.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby mho » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Quade wrote:Not really enough detail in the "random par downloads". If they're in the download list this is normal. if it's downloading them from the wish list, it's not.

Understandable - I just wasn't able to get any better details, as, unfortunately, W7 whites everything out in the crash and throws up a modal requester. Kinda hard to see last lines of log, etc... Is there any way to get W7 to leave the app window readable when crashing?

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support