Two minor annoyances (at least for me)

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Two minor annoyances (at least for me)

Postby BZee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:23 pm

NB6.0b9

1) In version 5, after perusing the post list, I would right click and select "Mark all old" and all entries in the post list would disappear. In version 6 this doesn't happen - it looks like nothing happens (I know NB does mark the posts as old -just not visibly). I get around this by a "select all" and then hitting the 'Delete' key.

2)My group list has four GOGs and is auto-hid. After an "Update all the groups" if I move the cursor over the hidden group list it pops out. The first time I select a GOG (any one of the four) and "Show posts" the group list retracts automatically when I move the cursor off it. With showing posts for any subsequent GOG the group list stays out - I have to click another tab to get the group list to retract.

PS - I feel version 6 is a significant improvement over version 5 - just have to get used to it.
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Re: Two minor annoyances (at least for me)

Postby Quade » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:54 pm

1 - If "Hide Old" is enabled and I right click "Mark all Old" the post list clears.

2 - People wanted the post lists to background load while the focus remained on the groups list. That's what this is doing. The focus remains on the groups list so, it's doesn't autoclose without clicking someplace else.

#2 might be able to be optional at some point. I don't find the "click someplace else" to really bug me.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby jakehy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:09 am

Quade wrote:1 - If "Hide Old" is enabled and I right click "Mark all Old" the post list clears.

Not always. Post list clears sometimes, but not everytime. If it doesn't clear then I unselect 'Hide Old' and reselect it, then it clears. I'm using 6.0b9 899.
jakehy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/04/06

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 am

I wonder if it's still loading posts in the background?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kairk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:54 pm

A related behavior that I'd like to see changed back to the Ver 5 way is using the menu selection "Mark Old" no longer removes items from the post list in Ver 6 (Hide Old is checked). Using the DEL key does remove the selected items from the post list.
kairk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/09/03

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Can't repro this one either. I still think it's not working because of background processing.

B10 will turn off the background processing by default. You can turn if back on if you prefer it but, with background processing turned off, the download list items for headers downloads won't leave the list until the data is fully imported.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby jakehy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:09 am

Quade wrote:I wonder if it's still loading posts in the background?

I have to check that.
jakehy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby jakehy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 am

Quade wrote:I wonder if it's still loading posts in the background?

Yesterday it cleared them fine.
Right now it did not. Nothing going on in the background.
And correction to the earlier post: I have to 'select all' and mark as old to get them be marked old, but list doesn't always clear before clicking Hide Old Off and On.
jakehy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby BZee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 pm

I have the same intermittent works - doesn't work. This is so minor that I'm not going to worry about it or spend hours trying to find out why.
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby BZee » Wed May 11, 2011 6:48 pm

BZee wrote:NB6.0b9

1) In version 5, after perusing the post list, I would right click and select "Mark all old" and all entries in the post list would disappear. In version 6 this doesn't happen - it looks like nothing happens (I know NB does mark the posts as old -just not visibly). I get around this by a "select all" and then hitting the 'Delete' key.

2)My group list has four GOGs and is auto-hid. After an "Update all the groups" if I move the cursor over the hidden group list it pops out. The first time I select a GOG (any one of the four) and "Show posts" the group list retracts automatically when I move the cursor off it. With showing posts for any subsequent GOG the group list stays out - I have to click another tab to get the group list to retract.

PS - I feel version 6 is a significant improvement over version 5 - just have to get used to it.

Beta 13 got rid of both of these minor annoyances. :D
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Wed May 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Sweet! Now if I just didn't break column size saving....
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support