Sorting messages by status empties list of messages.

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Sorting messages by status empties list of messages.

Postby Moondawgie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:05 pm

More often than not, whenever I attempt to sort a list of messages by "status" the list is emptied.

I can easily recreate this as follows:

1. Hover mouse about the title for a group of groups;
2. Right click to open menu;
3. Left click to select "Show posts special...";
4. Left click to select box for "Day range" (7 days old to 0 days old), and wait for completion of the display of messages;
5. With 66373 messages displayed in the latest instance, left click the "status" tab to sort the messages by status;
6. Observe that the list is emptied, and that the number of listed messages is now 0;

I've left the computer running overnight to see if the list of messages would eventually be displayed. it was not.

No error messages. Newsbin doesn't crash or cease functioning.

This happens with the display of any selected groups of groups containing any number of groups, and with individual groups.

This happens with messages with filtering both enabled and disabled.

It doesn't happen every time, but it happens more often than not.

Anticipating questions, the most recent recreation was performed with a fresh installation of Newsbin Pro version 6.0B9, including the construction of an entirely new database.

There are no related error messages found in any of the Windows Event Logs.

The description of my system set forth in my signature is correct.

Is this a bug, or is the sort by status not hooked up?

Additional comment: It would be very helpful if messages displayed with the status of "idle/old", and highlighted in red/pink due to having been determined as duplicates, would be displayed as a separate group from other messages.
MS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I- ASUS P8Z77-V LE; Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz; 16.0GB DDR3; 500 Mbps cable internet.
Moondawgie
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support