Can we get the tabs at the top back?

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Can we get the tabs at the top back?

Postby klawdek » Sun May 15, 2011 12:37 am

Before I had everything in tabs at the top even NZBs loaded from the icon at top. Now everything opens as a little window that has to be drug around the screen until it becomes a tab. Nzbs loaded from the icon now open as a bunch of little windows rather than as tabs.

Those little windows are completely unusable for me and they are unpredictable. If I open a new list everything else disappears and is difficult to find again. I just had the groups list and a post list open and opened another post lit. The groups and the first post list disappeared. I fished around on the screen and final found it by shrinking the left side of the newly opened post list. On other occasions hidden windows are found on the bottom, some times on the left or the top. No predicting where they will end up.

Can we get back the ability to open new stuff in tabs rather than little windows?
klawdek
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/09/11

Re: Can we get the tabs at the top back?

Postby klawdek » Sun May 15, 2011 12:41 am

This is insane I just opened 3 NZB files and they all came in as little windows and to get them into tabs I first had to make the 3 NZB lists into one tab thingy and then take that tab thingy and make it part of the tab thingy I had to begin with. Before it all came in as tabs.
klawdek
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby itimpi » Sun May 15, 2011 1:16 am

set up the Search tab in the location/size you would like for new Post/NZB tabs. New post/nzb lists are anchored to the search tab and will open in the area/style it is set to.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby klawdek » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Ok thanks. With your help I figuered out that if I start with the search tab everything anchors to it and it is back to the way it used to be. The other way was very unmanageable.
klawdek
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support