Version 6.00 Beta 15 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.00 Beta 15 Available...

Postby dexter » Tue May 24, 2011 5:05 pm

More cleanup for Beta 15. Getting closer...

NOTE: You need to tell the installer to reset the GUI when installing B15 to pick up some of the fixes.

Summary:

• Fixed issue where ctrl-g or "Update Group" would do a "Update All Groups".
  • Fixed issue where Search History and Filter History were getting combined in the same dropbox
  • Fixed issues with system tray icon
  • Fixed some AutoPAR unrar issues
  • Fixed issue with translated text not sticking in the tabs
  • Changes to address random crashes when using file and folder pickers

More details about these and other changes are on the Newsbin Beta Page, along with the download link.

Please report any issues as a reply to this thread or a new post in this forum. You can also contact us directly through our Technical Support Form or swing by our irc channel. It's #newsbin on irc.newsbin.com.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.00 Beta 15 Available...

Postby mho » Wed May 25, 2011 5:19 pm

dexter wrote:[*]Fixed issue where ctrl-g or "Update Group" would do a "Update All Groups".

Any chance of getting something bindable to a shortcut for "Update All Groups"? I find myself sorely missing the previous ctrl-G behaviour:-) (I didn't bother to go to the group tab but rather just hit ctrl-G when I wanted to update...)

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Postby mho » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

mho wrote:Any chance of getting something bindable to a shortcut for "Update All Groups"?

Never mind, I realized I could just re-bind ctrl-G:-)

- mho
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Postby Andreas » Thu May 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Added "Clear List" to the search menu.

Hmm, I cannot find that. Where exactly is it? I want the old button back which cleared the search results list, or - even better - a button which clears both the search entry and the list.

Edit: Ah, okay I found it. It't the right-click menu. Nevertheless, I would like to have a clickable button.
Andreas
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/10

Postby boochi » Fri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for fixing the tray icon.
boochi
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/18/06

Postby Maelstroem » Sun May 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Having an issue once headers are downloaded by NB as not all of them are showing, have to click 'Show Posts' to get NB to show all the headers it just downloaded? E.G. downloaded headers in a group and got 177, did a 'Show Posts' and got 453! I reset the GUI this time as per the info in the first post and did an upgrade install over my previous install of NB.

On a positive note, the issue I hade where right clicking on a group and selecting 'Show Posts' would not put focus on that group seems to be fixed, I can now right click on a group and 'Show Posts' now puts focus on that group, thanks for that fix.
Maelstroem
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/03

Postby Moondawgie » Mon May 30, 2011 11:28 am

Maelstroem wrote:Having an issue once headers are downloaded by NB as not all of them are showing, have to click 'Show Posts' to get NB to show all the headers it just downloaded? E.G. downloaded headers in a group and got 177, did a 'Show Posts' and got 453! I reset the GUI this time as per the info in the first post and did an upgrade install over my previous install of NB.

On a positive note, the issue I hade where right clicking on a group and selecting 'Show Posts' would not put focus on that group seems to be fixed, I can now right click on a group and 'Show Posts' now puts focus on that group, thanks for that fix.

I see the same behavior. Until now I'd assumed that it was a quirk of my computer system.
MS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I- ASUS P8Z77-V LE; Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz; 16.0GB DDR3; 500 Mbps cable internet.
Moondawgie
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/03

Postby b38kje2nq » Mon May 30, 2011 8:13 pm

KingFish wrote:
Maelstroem wrote:Having an issue once headers are downloaded by NB as not all of them are showing, have to click 'Show Posts' to get NB to show all the headers it just downloaded? E.G. downloaded headers in a group and got 177, did a 'Show Posts' and got 453! I reset the GUI this time as per the info in the first post and did an upgrade install over my previous install of NB.

I see the same behavior. Until now I'd assumed that it was a quirk of my computer system.

+1. The Background update setting doesn't seem to matter for me.
b38kje2nq
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/05/07

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support