Version 965 my problems and idees.

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 965 my problems and idees.

Postby fableman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 am

My setup.

Download folder -> disk R: (ramdrive)
Unrar folder -> disk P:

Problem: When Unraring it dosen't delete the directory on disk R: (download folder) (I have to clean it manually, very frustrating)
Solution: delete everything about the download from download folder after a sucessfull unraring.

Problem2: When files not Rared they will stay in Download folder and not moved to unrared folder, I have 2 places to look for my files, and cos I use a ramdrive its not that good thing to happend.
Solution: add option to put all downloaded files in unrared folder.

Personally I think it's abit confusing for users. A download folder should be a place where all files land even if they are unrared or not.
Solution add a directory named newsbin processing, where all unrar,rebuild,pars,unraring,,,,, happends and then move files completed into the download folder.

Problem3: The function filters don't show what they really do.
Solution: Edit option (use notepad) to see filters and able to edit them.

Problem4: Options / Filename Options a Advanced button is showing, it's teasing me :) I want to see what's there :)
Solution: Hide :)
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/25/06

Re: Version 965 my problems and idees.

Postby itimpi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:04 am

fableman wrote:Problem: When Unraring it dosen't delete the directory on disk R: (download folder) (I have to clean it manually, very frustrating)
Solution: delete everything about the download from download folder after a sucessfull unraring.

Have you set the Post Unrar filter under Options->Autopar options. If set correctly this would get rid of unwanted files. Having a simple "delete everything" after unrar sounds incredibly dangerous - what if there are other rar sets at the same location which would be the case for those who do not put rar sets into their own folder. However I guess it might be possible to delete any non-rar files that have been compacted into the same entry in the Download list?

Problem2: When files not Rared they will stay in Download folder and not moved to unrared folder, I have 2 places to look for my files, and cos I use a ramdrive its not that good thing to happend.

An option that might give the user some control is to have a "Move" variant of the Post Unrar filter to specify files that should be moved after an unrar.

Personally I think it's abit confusing for users. A download folder should be a place where all files land even if they are unrared or not.
Solution add a directory named newsbin processing, where all unrar,rebuild,pars,unraring,,,,, happends and then move files completed into the download folder.

This is what already happens unless you over-ride the default behavior by specifying a different location for the results of an unrar.

Not sure what problem you are talking about here?

Also, I do not see where Notepad comes into play as Filters are held in a database file.

quote]Problem4: Options / Filename Options a Advanced button is showing, it's teasing me :) I want to see what's there :)
Solution: Hide :)[/quote]
This is currently a cosmetic issue. However I agree it should either do something or not be shown.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby fableman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:52 pm

itimpi wrote:
fableman wrote:Problem: When Unraring it dosen't delete the directory on disk R: (download folder) (I have to clean it manually, very frustrating)

Have you set the Post Unrar filter under Options->Autopar options. If set correctly this would get rid of unwanted files. Having a simple "delete everything" after unrar sounds incredibly dangerous - what if there are other rar sets at the same location which would be the case for those who do not put rar sets into their own folder. However I guess it might be possible to delete any non-rar files that have been compacted into the same entry in the Download list?

Make all files from post X get into directory X unrar assemble fix,,,, then delete that directory.

An option that might give the user some control is to have a "Move" variant of the Post Unrar filter to specify files that should be moved after an unrar.

This is what already happens unless you over-ride the default behavior by specifying a different location for the results of an unrar.

Yes for saving the lifespan of my harddrives it's a good thing to keep processing at one drive and store the files at another location. (I even use a ramdrive to max download speeds, and processing the files)

Not sure what problem you are talking about here?

Also, I do not see where Notepad comes into play as Filters are held in a database file.

I like to know what files that will be deleted and have the possiblilty to setup my own filters. I would simly setup filters in normal text files so users can edit them for ther own needs.
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:19 pm

You can setup your own filters now. I'm not clear what a text file will get you. I think you need to explain how it would work better.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby fableman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Quade wrote:You can setup your own filters now. I'm not clear what a text file will get you. I think you need to explain how it would work better.

my fault, diden't saw you hade filters outside options/options.

Eyes first thing you get blind on :)
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby fableman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Can you please make that filter events don't show up as critical events and pop up that critical window.

(happends when I set my own filter rule to delete all files named sample)
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:36 pm

What filter are you using? Filename reject filters? I have filename reject for NFO files for example and when they fail, I don't get a popup error. What's the actual error message?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby fableman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Under Rar ArchivesI use File name reject

rules:

[.]sfv
sample

[23:20:02] ERROR - HFC: Rejected RAR Filter: Filename Filter movie1-disc1-sample.avi
[23:20:07] ERROR - HFC: Rejected RAR Filter: Filename Filter movie1-disc1-cd1.sfv
fableman
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Ok, it won't pop up in a future version. Probably not RC2 because it's about to go to the forum but, the next one after that.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support