Not updating some groups at all (RC3)

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Not updating some groups at all (RC3)

Postby renew » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,

Got a strange things since upgrading to RC3. I can't seem to update some groups at all!
For example a.b.music.jungle doesn't want to update. Not with download latest, not with download all headers...

Hmm... basically I've got 9 groups in a custom list, the rest is under unsorted. And the 9 in the custom list just don't want to update!

And just moved it back to Unsorted... and it downloads headers again!!

ANd moved it back to custom_lists and it doesn't download headers again!

Any ideas?
(btw: could be prior to RC3, as I only occasionally manually go through groups)
renew
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/02

Re: Not updating some groups at all (RC3)

Postby DThor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Right click over custom lists and check out Properties. Make sure there's nothing set in there that might be causing these issues. Odds are, from what you describe, there is.

Otherwise, when you have the problem, messages in the status tab when you Download All? And exactly how are you ascertaining nothing is being downloaded? Do you see something show up in the download pane when you Download All? Does it progress?

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Quade » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:56 pm

- How are you downloading headers

- Are the groups in the new topic checked or are the boxes unchecked? If unchecked, they won't download headers if you just click the "Update" button.

- What happens if you select one of the group in the top right click and "Download latest". Does it add something to the download list?

Actually I think I know what's happening. "Custom List" isn't for groups. Right click, select "New folder" give it a name. Then right click the group in you want in this new folder and Send To Folder the new folder. Don't sent groups to the Custom List. That's not where they go. I need to prevent you from doing that in the software.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby renew » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks, the problem seemed to lie in the fact I added them to "custom_list" (as a quick way to get them up top).

Though personally I'd prefer if the "unsorted" group would be the last in the list...
renew
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/02

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support