Comments regarding AutoPAR, download list, error message

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Comments regarding AutoPAR, download list, error message

Postby newsie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 pm

I've been using the version 6 beta for a while now, and I'm ready to add my comments. First of all, I like the new features a lot, my comments are just fine-tuning issues. Here goes:

1) If you run out of diskspace while downloading, an error dialog pops up notifying you of that and saying downloading was paused. Now, in the previous version, you could hide the error message until restart. Now, it just keeps popping up a few seconds after getting rid of it. Could you put back the option to hide it until restart? Otherwise, it gets very annoying. I'm trying to clear up space and the dialog pops up every few seconds.

2) The AutPAR, as others have mentioned, is different now. There's no separate tab for it, which is fine, it doesn't really need one, I suppose. Still, it would be nice to have the option, just to cover other users. More importantly, the AutoPAR seems to be a little more unstable with this new version. It doesn't always delete the rars/pars once it has been successfully extracted. I can't figure out when it does and when it doesn't. But the problem didn't come up this much with the previous version.

3) The new download list with the grouping of the posts is nice. But could you add the option to automatically show the list expanded instead of collapsed? I like to see all the items expanded normally, but I also like the new grouping...so it would be great to have both. Also, related to AutoPAR, several times things have successfully downloaded and extracted, but the files were still in the download list. Usually, it is removed from the list once everything is successful. So there is some inconsistent behavior there.

Thank you.
newsie
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/27/11

Re: Comments regarding AutoPAR, download list, error message

Postby Quade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Some of this will be addressed in the next beta.

1 - Why not just leave it popped up until you clear space, then close it?

3 - I'm not really following. You sometimes want it grouped but, not at other times? Or you just want an option to add it expanded already?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Comments regarding AutoPAR, download list, error message

Postby newsie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 pm

For 3:
The only thing to do is to add an option to show it expanded already (without having to expand each one manually)

For 1:
I think the problem is that the dialog is on top of all the other windows. If it stayed under, it would be ok.

Thanks for the quick response!
newsie
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/27/11

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support