Headers downloading but not displaying

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Headers downloading but not displaying

Postby flat_beer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 am

This is probably only on my computer. I had a blue screen about 24 hours ago (stupid nVidia 275.33 drivers keep crashing while playing videos in MPC-HC).

In one newsgroup (maybe 2) I'm downloading headers (I can see them download) but the post are not showing up in the post list. I've restarted newsbin. I've shut off all filters (when doing this I did discover that the Global filter profile was effecting this group so I've changed the way I've been filtering stuff.) but I still do not have any headers showing since the blue screen yesterday. I've even started up some old version of newsleecher and verified that there are really posts.

I checked the range.db3. It is updating when I download new headers.

I suspect that either Storage.db3 or StorageData.db3 is corrupt. Is there any way to check this? and if so is there any way to repair them? I really don't want to have to purge and download headers again then delete (mark downloaded) all the crap in this newsgroup.

Other info:
Newsbin 6.01B5 Build 1211
Win XP SP-3 32-bit
astraweb as news server using the compressed headers to download the headers.
flat_beer
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/14/03

Re: Headers downloading but not displaying

Postby Quade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 am

In Sqlite3, you can load each one up and do an "integrity check" to see if they're good or not.

http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragm ... rity_check

I ran into this the other day where valid posts were getting crossposted more than 5 times and getting dropped. You might try adding this setting to the NBI File

[SETTINGS]
CrossLimit=8

Then delete the range.db3 and set a "Download age" of a couple days, which will make Newsbin download headers for the past couple days.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Headers downloading but not displaying

Postby flat_beer » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:58 pm

The "integrity check" said the db3's were good. So, I did the CrossLimit=8. That got the stuff to show up. Looks like it was cross posted to 6 groups.

Thank you for the quick and accurate response.
flat_beer
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/14/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support