Version 6.10 Release Candidate 1 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.10 Release Candidate 1 Available...

Postby dexter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Yes, it is 6.10 now, not 6.01. We feel we've passed the boundary between minor and major release since there are more than 250 builds between 6.0 and this one.

We are calling this a Release Candidate because it is better than Version 6, is stable, and includes most of the changes we wanted to make. This one is also compatible with Beta 25+ of NBRemote for iOS (iTouch,iPhone, and iPad). If you have one of these devices and want to beta test NBRemote, read this thread.

Here is a summary of changes for 6.10 RC1:
  • Internal cleanup including cleaning up default settings from clean install
  • More changes and enhancements to the TCP Interface to support NBRemote and future remote control applications
  • Fixed rare, but long standing crash issue in AutoPAR
  • Optimizations in AutoPAR

A complete list of changes and the download link are on the Newsbin Beta Page.

Any issues with this release, please reply to this thread, contact us through our Technical Support Form or swing by our irc channel. It's #newsbin on irc.newsbin.com.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.10 Release Candidate 1 Available...

Postby JsFrk » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:50 pm

I love these new versions :D
Will report back in the unlikely event of issues :wink:
JsFrk
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/27/11

Local Search Issue

Postby BeelineBoy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 pm

I noticed in the notes that you "Fixed issue with Local search ignoring the age drop down when scanning". The Local Searches are much faster now, however; I did a search using 15 days and it didn't return everything I was looking for... so I changed it to "None" and searched again. It only returned 15 days again. Is there still an issue with the age drop down?
BeelineBoy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/12/06

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:08 am

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Autoload NZB Path

Postby UnknownOne » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:31 am

I have my newsbin setup with multi-nzb load folders so I can autoload a nbz to a specific folders like anime.nzb to anime folder but this new 6.10 RC 1,all files in the nzb are loaded into the default download folder regardless which folder I place the nzb. It happened in 6.01 beta 1 but then was fixed in the next beta version; the problem has popped up again in 6.10 RC1.
UnknownOne
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/08/03

Download List - Reordering posts

Postby larft » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:49 am

Just noticed this in B610, don't remember it being an issue in B601 but I can no longer move a post to the top or anywhere else in the download list, seems like it's no longer hooked up.
larft
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/04/05

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:15 am

You hit the button on the toolbar and it doesn't move?

It's working here. I'm going to guess that your short cuts are messed up and that you need to exit newsbin and delete the workspace.xml file in the data folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:15 pm

I have my newsbin setup with multi-nzb load folders so I can autoload a nbz to a specific folders like anime.nzb to anime folder but this new 6.10 RC 1,all files in the nzb are loaded into the default download folder regardless which folder I place the nzb. It happened in 6.01 beta 1 but then was fixed in the next beta version; the problem has popped up again in 6.10 RC1.

I just looked at this. The defaults are different now. Just think you need to re-set the options in the options window. It's working here once I set the NZB folder options. What change in RC1 is that the defaults now do less so, you might have to manually set the folder options.

Fixed the local search thing too. The age wasn't resetting back to zero.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Re: Download List - Reordering posts

Postby larft » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Well I guess it's my fault for not paying attention to recent behavior, you can't move the order of a post inside a multipart post in the download window, adding another post to the download can indeed be moved. I'm now having a different problem though, regardless of how I try to download a post, whether I let it go to the default location I have selected or tell it to go to an existing folder it puts it on the "C" drive but shows in the file menu that it went where it was supposed to go, if I right click on it and try to "open folder' I get the "Newsbin won't open this file type" error. I deleted the workspace.xml file, tried to reassign the download folder, reloaded Newsbin etc. with the same results. I'm using multiple nzb's but both configs do the same thing. Any suggestions?
larft
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Download List - Reordering posts

Postby larft » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:54 pm

After looking further it appears that B610 no longer likes to be pointed at a SMB share directly for the DL folder, if I map the share to a drive it will use it but will no longer do so directly, it shows the share address in the files window after downloading it but actually put it in a new directory on the "C" drive, right clicking on the file and trying to open the directory that points to the share gives me the "Newsbin won't open this file type/URL" error.
larft
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Multiple drag seletion now fixed?

Postby larft » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Just noticed that drag selecting multiple posts in the subject area of the posts window now works properly again (since back in v5 somewhere), previously dragging back and forth did not unselect selected posts, was this the "- Changed rubber banding again and re-enabled full row select." correction made in "Version 6.01B6 Build 1244"?

Thanks very much for finding and fixing this!
larft
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby UnknownOne » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Quade wrote:

I just looked at this. The defaults are different now. Just think you need to re-set the options in the options window. It's working here once I set the NZB folder options. What change in RC1 is that the defaults now do less so, you might have to manually set the folder options.

Fixed the local search thing too. The age wasn't resetting back to zero.

I tried resetting the options but it's not doing what it use to do. Perhaps , I wasn't explaining clearly what I do. I want the nzb files, I place in a certain folder to download into the same name folder in the download path. IE I have a the NZB autoload path set to e:/nzb/ and download path e:/download/ when I place a nzb file into e:/nzb/anime/ files should download to e:/download/anime/. The files actually just goes to e:/download/ regardless if I place the nzb into e:/nzb/tv/; e:/nzb/movies/; or e:/nzb/music/
UnknownOne
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah, that's what I tested and that's what worked for me. My autoload is "\temp\". I made a folder "\temp\junk\" and when I dropped an NZB into "junk" the download folder listed in the download list was "\downloadpath\junk".

Hopefully, you're not really using "/"'s in your paths. This is windows after all.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby UnknownOne » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Quade wrote:Yeah, that's what I tested and that's what worked for me. My autoload is "\temp\". I made a folder "\temp\junk\" and when I dropped an NZB into "junk" the download folder listed in the download list was "\downloadpath\junk".

Hopefully, you're not really using "/"'s in your paths. This is windows after all.

I got it to work by checking one of the options.(add nzb folder to download folder) The answer was staring right at me.

Thanks for your help :-)
UnknownOne
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support