NB 6.30B2 Crash

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

NB 6.30B2 Crash

Postby fischli » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:28 pm

because I needed to load some RAR files who NB refuses to load because of SPAM in NB 6.21, I have just updated to the new NB 6.30B2. So far so god.
But now I get some "new" error messages : "[19:01:14] ERROR - CNNTPServerWorker - internal crash" every time I start NB.

And also now Windows (Win 7, 64bit) always shut down NB suddenly after a few minutes of working, because "The news reader is not working properly anymore and Windows have to close it, do you like to send an error report?" (This is more or less my translation of the original message, because I use a "German" Windows ;-) )
fischli
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/18/08

Re: NB 6.30B2 Crash

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 pm

If you delete the "downloads.db3" file in the data folder, this will wipe the download, failed and wish lists. Wonder if that would solve this?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby fischli » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Will try it tomorrow, it`s late now. I will give you an answer if it`s working. Thank`s for now Qade.
fischli
n00b
n00b

Postby fischli » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:37 pm

So, after I only rebooted my computer next morning, it seems everything works fine, after all no crashes anymore, however, I don`t know why. :?

But I have another problem still exist since I updated to NB 6.3b, and a new one too. First the older one:
NB is loading partial files (xxx.nb2) in the download directory now (before I preferred the option to load partials into a separate sub-folder) but since 6.3b now sometimes NB seems to forget to complete files and didn`t write them as "original" files (for example: xxx.rar) and delete the partial files (xxx.nb2). But on my download list NB shows this files as completely downloaded and put the "downloaded" icon in front of it. In some cases NB wrote the RAR file after some minutes or hours on the disk and deleted the old nb2 file. But in other cases not, I still have a few nb2 files there from days ago.

Second problem:
Since my update to 6.3b, NB have problems to connect to my news server ([16:22:15] ERROR NNTPSocket - NNTP Perform Auth - news.tweaknews.nl-The server rejected your login - contact your news service's support department. It's not a Problem with Newsbin : 400 news.tweaknews.nl: Your per-user connection limit reached - info@tweaknews.nl). NB now sometimes need up to 5min until it get a connection

Sure it`s looks like a server problem, but I never ever had problems like this before with my news server.
fischli
n00b
n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support