Mouse Issue

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Mouse Issue

Postby kirm » Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Not sure when this issue started due to not dl much lately.

Using a logitech mx performance mouse, I have my side buttons configured for "shift" and "ctrl". When I wish to select multiple files, I would place cursor at beginning of files, press the shift button (on mouse) at the end of selected files and it would highlight all those files. Apparently this will not work under newsbin anymore, but is working fine in any other program that I am using. (Total Commander, windows file manager, eg)

If I manually select the same files as above, and press the shift key on keyboard, it will highlight all the selected files as it is suppose to. For some reason, newsbin is not recognizing my mouse configuration anymore. It once did work fine, so not sure which beta this stopped at.
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/15/03

Re: Mouse Issue

Postby Quade » Thu May 21, 2015 10:21 am

It's not really a mouse problem. I disabled something in mouse selection so now to make mouse selection work you have to start from a column where there's no text and drag from there. I'm not sure this will be the final answer. I'm still experimenting with it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby kirm » Sun May 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks Quade.
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby kirm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:47 am

Just to carry on with this issue...running nb660.4141.RC3 and not a thing has changed. Being an old dude, I prefer to use mouse and lay back, but as said earlier, newsbin is the only program that will not follow my programmed Logitech mouse.

eg, to select multiple files, I have to still press on keyboard shift in order to mark several files, newsbin will not accept my programmed key on mouse as shift.
eg. mouse is set to scroll downwords on left tilt on scroll wheel, newsbin shows me the down arrows, but it does not follow windows standard. just disregards any input from mouse. Any other windows program follows scrolling as per Logitech mouse settings.

Use to love scrolling through long group lists leaning back and just left tilting my scroll wheel on the mouse, but alas, it shows arrows as it is suppose to, but no scroll.

This worked perfectly under v6.56. Just to mention, scroll wheel functions ok manually, but in my ole age, I do find it so much easier to just press slightly left on my scroll wheel to go through large file lists. You guys are wearing out my finger with all the manual scrolling to go through file lists.
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:42 am

RC3 does drag select just like 6.56. In fact it's exactly the same code. I just turned it back on. The actual files list doesn't drag select in RC3 but it does in RC4. Drag selecting works in search, watch and post lists.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kirm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Use to love scrolling through long group lists leaning back and just left tilting my scroll wheel on the mouse, but alas, it shows arrows as it is suppose to, but no scroll.

Think you are missing what I am explaining. Any commands that I preconfigured for my mouse are just not recognized at all in newsbin. I have certain groups that I check daily, with mouse set to scroll up or downwards depending on which way I tilt the scroll wheel on mouse. Newsbin shows the arrows for say down scrolling, but it will not scroll unless I manually turn the scroll wheel. This had worked previously in older versions prior to v6.6

Same thing happens when my configured mouse button as shift key, newsbin will not recognize it. I have to manually reach for keyboard and use the shift key on keyboard to select multiple files.
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:15 pm

I get it. You know you don't need shift to select multiple files in Newsbin right? Just press the left mouse button and drag.

As to why the logic special functions don't work in Newsbin. I don't really have any idea. As long as it emulates a keyboard properly it should work.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kirm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:31 pm

[quote]As long as it emulates a keyboard properly it should work.[quote]

I know this is very strange. Everything works as it should in any other program but newsbin. It had worked properly before but stopped in 6.6. Newsbin even shows the arrows as it should (for scrolling), just no action. Would there be any setting that would possibly need changing. I'm at a total loss on this one.

[quote]You know you don't need shift to select multiple files in Newsbin right? Just press the left mouse button and drag.[quote]

I will certainly give that a try. Thanks Quade.
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support