Version 6.61 Release Candidate 3 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.61 Release Candidate 3 Available...

Postby dexter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:43 pm

One change to RC2, Newsbin was looking in the wrong place for guiitems.db3. The symptoms were, you would lose your search history, some gui customizations, and your download counts. If you didn't run RC2 and go straight to RC3, you won't notice.

Highlights:

• Fixed issue with guiitems.db3 location introduced in RC2
    From RC2:
  • Fixed memory leak that turned out to be associated with the RAR reader code.
  • Changes to address potential memory leak issues in display
  • Fixed issue where download path from "Download to New folder" would default to main folder. Now uses group specific path if one exists.
  • Fixed issue sorting on path. Was sorting pre-render.
  • Fixed issue where hide old wasn't clearing the display till it's re-applied.

The complete release notes as well as the download link are on the Newsbin Beta Page.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.61 Release Candidate 3 Available...

Postby KiRKman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:45 pm

I noticed three issues in this version, but I have to add I was upgrading from version 6.50. In short:

The password manager is not always working for me. I can't open the window when I'm working in one of the following tabs: Downloading Files, Failed Files, Whish List. There you will have a menu called "Download" with the option "Password manager...". You will also have the usual "RAR Passwords..." in "Options". Clicking on both will not do anything. Simply nothing happens.

However, if you're working within any other tab, clicking on "RAR Passwords..." in "Options" menu or pressing ctrl-o will open the popup windows with your passwords immediately.

Then I experience problems with my path settings. I noticed that my "UnRAR Folder" got lost in the settings. I entered it again; then I looked what changed in the nbi. It seems the name for the path has changed:
DecodePath=E:\Downloads\auto-extracted\$(FILENAME)\
changed to ----->
UnRARPath=E:\Downloads\auto-extracted\$(FILENAME)\

That's why my old setting from version 6.50 was not found.

In "Download Folder for downloads from NZB Files" I now see:
E:\Downloads\$(NZBFILE)\

As I do not want to use that path, I click "Clear" and "OK". Everything looks fine, the path is gone. But when I start Newsbin for the next time it's there again!

Another small thing: When you're within your Wish List, you got the option "Move to Wish List" in the "Download" menu. This makes no sense in this special case.

As always, thanks for your great work! :)
KiRKman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/07/10

Postby Valmont » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Version 6.56 recognized an exe inside a rar or zip. Now it doesn't mentions it explicitly anymore. It notices it's "not a file or spam", but I'd rather have the old explicit warning back. Because sometimes Newbin is wrong on spam, but it was never wrong on exe payloads. For the former, I have to check it myself, but for the exe I never had to.

Cheers!
Valmont
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/14/09

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:55 am

As I do not want to use that path, I click "Clear" and "OK". Everything looks fine, the path is gone. But when I start Newsbin for the next time it's there again!

1 - Are you using NZB files? If not then you can pretty much ignore this field.

2 - The password thing seem to depend on whether an item in the list has focus. Having focus isn't really required anymore so I can probably remove the check.

Thanks for the comments.

Version 6.56 recognized an exe inside a rar or zip.

I'm re-doing it to reduce false positives. They seem to happen when the extension doesn't match the actual file type. I have it working. Just needs more testing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Valmont » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:31 am

Quade wrote:

1 - Are you using NZB files? If not then you can pretty much ignore this field.

2 - The password thing seem to depend on whether an item in the list has focus. Having focus isn't really required anymore so I can probably remove the check.

Thanks for the comments.

Version 6.56 recognized an exe inside a rar or zip.

I'm re-doing it to reduce false positives. They seem to happen when the extension doesn't match the actual file type. I have it working. Just needs more testing.

Oi, thanks!
Valmont
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/14/09

Postby Fisherking » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:14 am

I couldn't uncheck options/performance/Pre-Allocate Files

In fact, I uncheck it and save the configuration, but when I look at it back, it's checked again

Thanks
Fisherking
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/06

Postby KiRKman » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:28 am

Quade wrote:1 - Are you using NZB files? If not then you can pretty much ignore this field.

1 - Yes, I'm using a lot of NZB files. However, I can just set the path manually and then it stays the way I set it. I just can't leave the field empty (which is odd), because then it will revert back to default.
2 - Yes, I can confirm it's a focus problem, especially if the list in the current tab is empty.

BTW: The function "Move Data Folder on restart" is also not working (not hooked up yet?). So I moved my Data Folder manually and changed the path in the nbi. No problem there. I just wanted to mention that nothing happens if you click on that function.
KiRKman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/07/10

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah, it's not designed to remain blank. It'll default to download path + $(NZBFILE). If you blank out the field.

Thanks for the other notes.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support