NZB Downloading, Loading & Start Downloading

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

NZB Downloading, Loading & Start Downloading

Postby TBlack » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:40 pm

I may be missing a feature here, but if there is a NZB in the Post List, why can't the user download that NZB straight into a Tab and start downloading it? Seems the Right Click Menu would be a great place to add this capability.

Thanks
Tom
TBlack
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/05/03

Re: NZB Downloading, Loading & Start Downloading

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:10 pm

I'm not clear what you're trying to do.

1 - You can add what's listed in an NZB tab to download the same way you add anything else to download.

2 - You can tell Newsbin to automatically feed drag and dropped NZB's to the download list, bypassing the post list altogether.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby TBlack » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Quade wrote:1 - You can add what's listed in an NZB tab to download the same way you add anything else to download.
2 - You can tell Newsbin to automatically feed drag and dropped NZB's to the download list, bypassing the post list altogether.

1. I am ok on this one.

2. I can't make work, so must be doing something incorrectly. If I drag and drop a NZB file from Explorer to the NB Download List, NB just opens a new Tab in the Post List and does not appear in the Download List. I cannot highlight a NZB Post and drag to the Download List to start the download of the NZB.

What I am suggesting is:

1. Highlight or Right Click on a NZB entry in a Post List.
2. Do a Right Click to display the Menu if not already showing.
3. Have an option in the Right Click Menu that allows NB to download that NZB, then...
4. Show that NZB in the Post List on its own Tab, then...
5. Send that NZB to the Download List AND immediately start downloading the NZB, all with one click of the mouse. :D

Right now, the user has to download the NZB, go to Explorer and open it up to load into a NB Tab, and then select the files in the NZB to make it appear in the Download List and start downloading.

Thanks
Tom
TBlack
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Right now, the user has to download the NZB, go to Explorer and open it up to load into a NB Tab, and then select the files in the NZB to make it appear in the Download List and start downloading.

1 - If you double-click it in the files list it'll get loaded too.

2 - In the NZB Options "Download Double-Clicked NZB's" is the option you're looking for.

3 - There's a hidden NBI function to automatically feed NZB's you download in Newsbin to the download list. I need to look it up.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby TBlack » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Quade wrote:1 - If you double-click it in the files list it'll get loaded too.

2 - In the NZB Options "Download Double-Clicked NZB's" is the option you're looking for.

1. Yes, double clicking on a NZB in Explorer loads a NZB into a Tab.
2. Turned that option on....now, when I double click on a NZB in Explorer, it goes to the Download List (with creating its own Tab) and starts to Download. That's good :)
3. I believe that would handle my suggestion nicely. Look forward to hear.

Thanks as usual :)
Tom
TBlack
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:30 am

1. Yes, double clicking on a NZB in Explorer loads a NZB into a Tab.

This isn't what I said. I said double-clicking it in the Newsbin files list will feed it too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby TBlack » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:00 am

Quade wrote:Newsbin files list

Ok, the Newsbin File List....is that the same as the Post List in a Group?

I have Double Click for NZBs turned ON is Settings.

I just Double Clicked on a NZB in a Group Post List and NB downloaded the NZB to Explorer as usual. Opened Explorer and Double Clicked the NZB and files in the NZB went to the Download List. Same thing for a NZB in a Watch_List...it was downloaded to Explorer for a Double Click and the files inside the NZB appeared in the Download List.

Am suggesting that if a user wants to download the files inside a particular NZB, highlight it or simply place the cursor over the NZB file and do a Right Click to bring up the Shortcut Menu and choose "Download NZB Files" and then the files inside the NZB go directly to the Download List and then NB starts automatically downloading the file (without going to Explorer for a subsequent Double Click). Putting this option in the Right Click Shortcut Menu still allows the user to still Double Left Click on a NZB in a Group Post List and its downloaded to Explorer as usual (maybe for saving OR later use i.e. a Double Click to Download :) ). The only thing that needs to be added to NB is the Right Click Menu item "Download NZB Files" and its functionality to immediately download the files inside the NZB.

Thanks
Tom
TBlack
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:31 am

There's a "tab" named "Files List" which is where all your downloads and unrared files end up. If you don't see it, you might need to turn it on in the view menu. You can run/view things you download by double-clicking them in this tab.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby TBlack » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:24 am

Ok, yes....I have 7 Tabs at the bottom of the screen from the View Menu just above the Status Bar. This area is only 6 lines high. And yes, if I double click on an NZB in the Files List, the files in the NZB does go to the Download List and are downloaded. This would make one have to scroll to find a NZB if and only if it has been downloaded to Explorer.

If the Downloaded NZB is deleted from Explorer, then NB can't find the NZB listed in the Files List Tab and errors out.

What if the Post is a NZB only and the user knows they want the files in the NZB? This is happening a lot lately in my Groups.

My suggestion goes in a different direction and involves all NZBs that appear in the Post Lists whether or not they have been downloaded to Explorer. It involves any NZBs that appear in the Post Lists and the user knows they want to download the files in that NZB. This is a perfect use of the Right Click Shortcut Menu to download the files in a NZB File, previously downloaded or not.

If you don't want to use the Right Click Shortcut Menu (which would put the new feature right in front of the user), then think about some other Windows conventions, i.e. hold down the Ctrl Key (or Ctrl-Shift Keys) and then single left click (or double left click) on the NZB File to automatically download the internal NZB files.

Thanks
Tom
TBlack
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support