Stuck in unRar loop

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Stuck in unRar loop

Postby zforray » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:39 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this issue. Running the latest available.

Started a download yesterday. This morning I noticed it was still stuck in a download eventhough it marked everything, including pars, as downloaded successfully. I went to the download folder and manually ran Quickpar which did a 7-block correction (IMHO, NB should have done this on its own but I have seen this problem before) with no issues.

Went back to NB and told it to unRar it.......which it did.......5-times before I had to task-manager kill NB (clicking on the cancel button did nothing except restart it). Ran latest 7-zip to unRar with no issues.

<some shit>

Is there anything I can send you to help diagnose this?
zforray
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/04/06

Re: Stuck in unRar loop

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:33 pm

http://www.newsbin.com/downloads/nb663B1.exe

Try this one. For whatever reason people are posting using random PAR file names. Not all posts but some. You can see it because all the pars download and it doesn't repair. The Par library can't find them because of the random names. I have to manually tell the PAR library about the pars. That's what this one does.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby zforray » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:36 am

Quade wrote:http://www.newsbin.com/downloads/nb663B1.exe

Try this one. For whatever reason people are posting using random PAR file names. Not all posts but some. You can see it because all the pars download and it doesn't repair. The Par library can't find them because of the random names. I have to manually tell the PAR library about the pars. That's what this one does.

Thanks. Will install and give it a try. These are the pars for this download:

< Don't Post specific file information >
zforray
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 am

It's against the rules to post specific file information. You can PM it to me directly instead.

I'm hoping to get a new beta up into the forum today that also has this fix.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby zforray » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Quade wrote:It's against the rules to post specific file information. You can PM it to me directly instead.

Oops - sorry about that...

I installed the beta and while it didn't get stuck unRARing, it still missed automatically performing quickPAR when it can't successfully unRAR on its own. I had to manually run (via right-click menu vs standalone) QuickPAR (which fixed the missing pieces) and then unRAR.
zforray
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby zforray » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:37 pm

zforray wrote:
Quade wrote:It's against the rules to post specific file information. You can PM it to me directly instead.

Oops - sorry about that...

I installed the beta and while it didn't get stuck unRARing, it still missed automatically performing quickPAR when it can't successfully unRAR on its own. I had to manually run (via right-click menu vs standalone) QuickPAR (which fixed the missing pieces) and then unRAR.

Forgot to mention that eventhough it ran unRAR successfully, it didn't clean up after itself (like it normally does with automatic unRAR after download) and all the par and rar files are still there - unless that is the way it is supposed to work.....
zforray
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support