'Downloaded' overwritten by 'Old Post'

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

'Downloaded' overwritten by 'Old Post'

Postby jlindquist » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Newsbin is now marking all posts older than the download age for new groups to 'old post'. It overwrites the 'downloaded' marking, so it is impossible to back and check to see what I have already downloaded. Is this intentional? Please make it go away.
jlindquist
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/22/07

Re: 'Downloaded' overwritten by 'Old Post'

Postby Quade » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:40 pm

My "Download Age" is 10 days but I have plenty of files that show downloaded that are 60 days old.

I'm wondering if your "DownloadMarker.db3" which tracks downloads is getting corrupted?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby jlindquist » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Files downloaded recently are all correctly marked and files marked to be hidden are also correctly marked. All files older than the download limit for new groups are marked "old posts'. Does this fit with the corrupt db theory?
jlindquist
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/22/07

Postby Quade » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Files downloaded recently are all correctly marked and files marked to be hidden are also correctly marked. All files older than the download limit for new groups are marked "old posts'. Does this fit with the corrupt db theory?

I don't really know why you're seeing "Downloaded" go away. If the files that are tagged "Downloaded" are only the ones you just downloaded in this session (without restart) then it's probably a corrupt DB and you'll need to delete "DownloadMarker.db3". If you have some marked downloaded across sessions and some not then it makes me wonder if the DB file had gotten deleted at some point and was just now building itself back up.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support