Version 6.70 Beta 8 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.70 Beta 8 Available...

Postby dexter » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:17 pm

More fixes for Version 6.70 Beta 8

Here are the changes:

• Fixed issue where disabling the main NZB Filter but then enabling the autoload NZB Filter doesn't filter properly.
  • Fixed issue where NZB Autoload wasn't adding to top of the list.
  • Fixed issue accepting NZB files from Sonaar
  • Make change so large local search performas a repaint.
  • Allow local search to include groups that are not selected in the Groups List. This is how it used to work.
  • Fixed issue where files downloaded from an NZB weren't getting marked as downloaded.
  • Reverted to how selected/deslected groups were handled in the Groups list in prior versions.
    1) Header downloads using the Update button only act on groups that are selected.
    2) Search (either Local or Internet) acts on all groups in the Groups list whether selected or not.
    3) Header download on a Group Folder will only update groups in the Group Folder that are selected.
  • Fixed issue where having other folders in the NZB load folder prevented NZB Loading.
  • Fixed an issue where loading a folder of images results in an out of order sorting.

The download link is on the Newsbin Beta Page. Any questions, comments, or bug reports can be made by replying to this thread or by using the Technical Support Contact Form.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.70 Beta 8 Available...

Postby Alamei » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:57 pm

It looks like you have a typo on the spelling of Sonarr in the patch notes. You might want to fix to that to make sure that the thread shows up for users that are trying to find info about Sonarr issues via the forum search function.
Alamei
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/25/05

Postby Bismark » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Download to Existing folder not working:

Select download to existing folder and it just downloads it to the newsgroup default folder. Also if you try to change the unrar path, the download path does not change and it goes to the default.
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/27/10

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Also if you try to change the unrar path, the download path does not change and it goes to the default.

Changing the unrar path has no impact on the download path. I'm unclear what you're doing here.

Download to Existing folder not working:

I paused the downloads. Selected about 20 file sets from a post list and selected "Download to Existing folder". Then I checked the download folder listed in the download list and it showed the new folder I picked. Then I unpaused the download list and the files seem to be showing up in the new folder I picked. Maybe you can run me through what you're doing because it seems to work for me.

I did the same thing from the search tab and it also seemed to work.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Bismark » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:05 pm

I just selected a post an right clicked on it and selected down load existing folder. When nb created the video an it wasn't in the selected folder but the default folder for the newsgroup. This worked in the previous beta and in all previous versions of nb.
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Understand that "Download" and "UnRAR" are two different things. You're just setting the download folder. If you set an unrar folder in the options, it'll obey the unrar folder for the final unrar. If you want to download and unrar to the same folder, you don't want the unrar folder set to anything in the "Group" or main options.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Bismark » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:58 pm

More detail on the download to existing folder problem.

1. With Beta 8 only: I select a video to download that consists of multiple RAR files by right clicking on the multiple file combined entry in the specific newsgroup tab and select the "Download to Existing Folder" option. I would expect all the RAR files to be downloaded into the selected folder and the resulting UNRAR'ed video to end up in the same existing folder. In fact the RAR files are downloaded into the specified "Existing Folder" but the unrared resulting video ends up in the default folder for the specific newsgroup instead of the selected "Existing Folder" This worked as expected in all previous versions of NB.

2. When I tested the "Assign a new unrar path" command on a downloading video, it put the unrared file in the requested folder.

Hope this helps.
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Ok got it.

Not sure it's something I'm going to address. I think this way is more consistent. You set an unrar path in the options and it's obeying it. Before it would ignore the unrar path you set. I'd say it's fixed now and was broken before.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Bismark » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm

So, how do I select a video made from a bunch of RAR files and have NB extract that video into a folder other than the default folder? I really don't care where the RAR files go as I have NB delete them once the video is made by the UNRAR process. Please help me on this. It would be a real pain if I had to go to the download tab and use the "Assign a New Unrar Path,"
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Remove the "UnRAR path" for the group and/or the main unrar path. Then it'll download and unrar to the same folder.

You're basically telling Newsbin in the options "Unrar files here" then you're telling it "Download Files there".

Maybe what you really need is "UnRAR to new folder" then is doesn't matter where the downloads go. I was just talking to Dex about this.

There's alot of pathing things you can do automatically. For example you can make it generate a new folder automatically. Maybe set the unrar path to

X:\Bla bla\$(Subject)\ so it always unrars to a unique folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Bismark » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:08 am

Well.. Almost all the items I download go in the default folders and only a few go to different folders. I can just double click the item I want to download and it goes where I want it to go. For those I want to unrar to a different folder, I have been just selecting the the item and picking download to existing folder. Since NB has been working this way for many years, could you consider returning the behavior as it was and finding some other syntax to make it work as it does in Beta 8?
Bismark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby zoggy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 pm

6.70B8 -- just to note I'm still seeing 'subs' get tossed to Failed files. "156826-Subs.rar" for example was latest one. also the proof par was put there as well.. "156826-Proof.par2". telling to bypass filter and d/l.. it works. oddly not seeing a debug or any message to say why its being moved.. i assume bad regex for rar in rar detection issue where it thinks its spam...
zoggy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/19/09

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:40 pm

RAR in RAR looks for a specific ratio of internal to external RAR size. A rar that contains a rar the same size as the outer rar is suspicions. It doesn't apply to rars under 10 megs I don't believe too (I'd have to look it up to verify).

I'd probably turn off the duplicate detector if it's on. It's only really useful for small files.

B9 is up.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support