All responses to a read post still marked as read

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

All responses to a read post still marked as read

Postby malhusky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 pm

This has been a problem for a while now...when reading a response to a post, and where there is more than one response to the same post, all of the responses are marked as having been read. This shouldn't happen unless the other posts were actually read. A very long time ago I believe this used to work properly. This is particularly annoying for text based groups.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/13/10

Re: All responses to a read post still marked as read

Postby Quade » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:00 pm

The tagging happens by subject these days and if the posts all have the same subject, they all get tagged. I don't much see a way around it.

I can think about it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby malhusky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:19 pm

I'll have to go back quite a few releases but I seem to think it used to work. Maybe that's because you handled it differently back then, or maybe my brain is just fried. Either way it would seem to make more sense that if a post is shaded to show it's been downloaded or read then it should work that way in all cases. Otherwise it's confusing. Thanks for giving it some thought.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/13/10

Postby Quade » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 pm

I'll have to go back quite a few releases but I seem to think it used to work. Maybe that's because you handled it differently back then, or maybe my brain is just fried. Either way it would seem to make more sense that if a post is shaded to show it's been downloaded or read then it should work that way in all cases. Otherwise it's confusing. Thanks for giving it some thought.

It's changed. At one point headers was all you had to worry about so the tagging could be made in the header DB per post. Now though with our search engine and NZB Files, I have to track downloaded files and old/new differently.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support