pars getting sent to download list

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

pars getting sent to download list

Postby malhusky » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:14 am

I expanded a post containing multiple files (rars + pars). I selected only the the first file (.rar) to download. After downloading I then went back and selected the header for all of the files underneath it. All of the pars went into the download list with the remaining files but the file I had previously downloaded went into the wish list. I realize a CTL-Y would have been the way to do this but I found it interesting that it included the pars in the download list. I suspect that the same issue would have happened either way I did it. It didn't do this in the released version.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/13/10

Re: pars getting sent to download list

Postby Quade » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:15 am

I expanded a post containing multiple files (rars + pars). I selected only the the first file (.rar) to download. After downloading I then went back and selected the header for all of the files underneath it. All of the pars went into the download list with the remaining files but the file I had previously downloaded went into the wish list. I realize a CTL-Y would have been the way to do this but I found it interesting that it included the pars in the download list. I suspect that the same issue would have happened either way I did it. It didn't do this in the released version.

I'll have to try it. Nothing should ever go into the wish list unless you set it too in the par options or hit Ctrl-Ins which sends files there.

So I expanded one set, sent the first rar to the download list. Then I added the rest by clicking the parent item. Nothing went into the wish list.

Then I did it to a second set and the same thing. No wish list.

Are you sure the file didn't end up in the failed list ? That would make sense if you downloaded a single rar and then tried to download the rest with the duplicate detector enabled.

but I found it interesting that it included the pars in the download list.

I don't know what this means. The pars always go into the download list with the rars. If you add a complete set of files that is.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby malhusky » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:39 pm

I tried it again just to cofirm. I expanded a list containing multiple rar files and par files. I downloaded only the first rar file in the list. I then marked the header for all of the files (not CTL-Y, I'll try that later to see what happens). All of the rar and par files went into the Downloading Files list and the single file I checked earlier shows up in the Files list and the Wish list. There were no par files in the Wish list, where they usually show up for the way I have NB configured. I have autopar disabled. I'm now on B10.

After I posted this I just clicked on a header similar to the above. I didn't do any other downloading first. Same problem. It appears to have downloaded everything under the header including pars, but also added the first file to the Wish list. Again, I have it configured to put pars into the Wish list with autopar disabled.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:25 pm

All bets are off when you turn off autopar.

Disabling autopar seldom gets tested except in cases like this when you disable it and might have discovered a problem. I'll have to disable it and try again.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby malhusky » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:17 pm

If the option is there you have to figure someone is going to use it. ;-}

I seem to think a similar problem showed up in one of the betas for a prior release. That was fixed.
malhusky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support