Warning: 6.73B2 clears download and wish list!!

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Warning: 6.73B2 clears download and wish list!!

Postby DeadSerious » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:55 am

Just a warning,

I just updated from 6.72 to 6.73B2 (I skipped B1), and watched as my entire download list and wish list vanished! I still have my list of completed files, though, so it didn't clear everything. I know the beta page warns about upgrading from a version prior to 6.60 without clearing those lists first, but I'm thinking you might want to just change it to state that for ANY version upgrade.

Oh, and I didn't have any files in the failed download list, so I'm not sure if that would have cleared or not.
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Re: Warning: 6.73B2 clears download and wish list!!

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:25 am

It's odd because as far as I know, nothing change in the download list format.

Wonder if the DB file was damaged?

The download, failed and wish lists are stored in downloadsv2.db3 so, you just need to back that file up if you're worried.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby DeadSerious » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:03 pm

I'll do that for next time, for sure. I just wanted to make sure you knew that it happened with a newer version than 6.60. Don't know about the possible corruption. All I can tell you is that I started the new version, saw that momentary (50) for a split-second (that was how many files I had in the wish list) and then it was (0). I had just two files in the download tab, and that was zeroed as well.

Still might not hurt to suggest finishing all downloads and wish list files before upgrading, just in case.
DeadSerious
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/07

Postby dexter » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 pm

You are the only one reporting this issue so far after 1000's of successful upgrades so it appears to be an isolated incident. We will keep our eyes open in case others report it. Whenever strange things like this happen sometimes we find it is related to some conflict with security software.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support