nEwZ[NZB] Spammer, stuck with 13.7 million headers which I c

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

nEwZ[NZB] Spammer, stuck with 13.7 million headers which I c

Postby MVer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Folks,

In a.b.teevee, I have an 8.1GB Storage.db3 file, which equates to around 13.7 million from this donkey.

I'm on 6.73rc2 (4820) now but didn't notice this idiot until it was too late.

If I kill nbpro and reload 7 days of headers, it comes up with the 13.7 mill. I can scroll down and delete around 1000 posts at a time (takes a few mins each) but if I scroll to much greater number, (say half or quarter of the scroll bar), then nbpro hangs then seems to do no more.

I lastly tried the mechanism someone else described, "delete all posts from this poster", that was done at 12:55 yesterday, around 28hrs ago and there has been no change to the database access time or size since then.

Aside from deleting the database totally and clean downloading (I'm already about 2 weeks behind); which would take forever and three quarters for me (at around 2.5 mill post each day) as I only have 6mbits; is there anything else anyone can suggest please, I'm kind of stuck now and getting further behind each day.

Many thanks and best wishes to all, Martin.
MVer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: nEwZ[NZB] Spammer, stuck with 13.7 million headers which

Postby Quade » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

1 - Considering how DMCA has pretty much made older files useless, why bother with older posts? I'd wipe the DB then pull the last couple days worth of headers. You can do that "Download Age".

2 - Deleting will never shrink the database. Only compacting the DB after delete will make it small. The "Post Storage" section of the right click menu gives access so some DB related commands.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: nEwZ[NZB] Spammer, stuck with 13.7 million headers which

Postby vspazv » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:53 pm

He started using random usernames but his subject lines are a bit unique due to always having \::blah.234blah.blah::/ in them

The following filter works well to kill them without seeming to catch anything else:

Reject if Subject Contains \\::\S+::\/
vspazv
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/03/03

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support