Version 6.80 Beta 4 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.80 Beta 4 Available...

Postby dexter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Version 6.80 Beta 4 hopefully fixes a crash issue some people were reporting.

Also, we've decided to disable XFeatures by default. One of our most common support issues recently is due to security software getting confused about seeing binary data coming over NNTP and causing odd issues. If you really like having XFeatures, you'll need to go back in and enable it. You should also make sure your security software is ignoring Newsbin. The setting is under Options -> Servers -> Really Advanced.

If you aren't downloading headers, this won't matter to you. If you don't know what XFeatures is then you probably aren't going to miss it. :)

Changes:

• XFeatures command is now disabled by default.
  • Fixed crash issue when searching other files for PARS.
  • Updated RAR library
  • Turned on sorting for the Filter Profile Dropdown in Group Properties.

If you are wondering what happened to Beta 3, it never existed, you didn't miss anything.

One final note: We had a couple of reports from early beta testers that Windows Defender doesn't like the installer. We are unable to recreate this ourselves. We recently updated the code signing certificate so suspect that might be the issue but need more feedback to determine if that is the case. We did run this one against 20 virus scanners and it came up clean so it is virus free.

The download link is on the Newsbin Beta Page. If you find any issues, please reply to this thread or use our Technical Support Contact Form.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.80 Beta 4 Available...

Postby fronbow » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Hey Dexter

The Filter Profile Dropdown is a bit broken now that you're sorting the list.
It looks to me like you're sorting the list after you add "None" in the first line of the dropdown rather than before? So any groups that previously were set to None for the Header Filter are now set to the first filter in the list - I'm having to re-download all headers as the first filter in my list was quite a bit selective!! (To the point of not seeing any posts for the last 9 days until I realised it was the headers being filtered and not my usenet provider having problems!

Cheers
fronbow
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Postby Quade » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 pm

I'll have to check it out thanks. I see what you mean. The sort messes it up.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Fisherking » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 am

Dear Dex & Quade

The bug below still exists in 6.80 B4

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=41264

Thanks

1:) .nzb loaded via dbl click
2:) Capture 1 : .nzb loaded
3:) Capture 2: Selected some files in .nzb
4:) Capture 3: Right Click > Create NZB from posts > Crashes
It's working with 6.72 and below
Fisherking
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/06

Postby Quade » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks. I can crash it now. I'll check it out. It's NZB specific. Most NZB's won't crash it.

You know a more fundamental problem is that it's not compacting these "subject less" NZB's properly.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Twice now I've had an issue downloading files with beta 4, I think it's an Autopar/Newsbin issue, but it could be my usenet providers... Both times I've grabbed an NZB almost instantly after the files were posted. After it's "done" downloading I check the Newsbin folder and only 40-60% of the rars are there (but every par2 file posted). The first time the problem occurred, I tried to load the NZB again (several hours later) thinking the files might not have properly propagated to my usenet provider. Again, I only got some of the rars.

I tried to re-download the NZB one last time but watched it, halfway through it disappeared from the download list... On a hunch I disabled Autopar and tried again, finally I was able to get all the files (coincidentally I had to repair 1 block each time this happened). Idk if it an over-active autopar repair check, or maybe it is a problem with my usenet provider the first time, then just some kind of duplicate issue?

Thoughts?

I just upgraded to beta 5, but looking at the post it doesn't seem like it addresses too much.

Thanks!
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/12/10

Postby Quade » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:08 am

Seems like Sample files are getting mixed together with regular files in some instances and causing issues. I'm going to determine why.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks, would you like an NZB example of it? And sorry, I all par* (not .par2) files are being downloaded.

On a separate note, I ended up on /r/usenet last night and saw this this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... ding_from/ (which lead me to the original one: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... or_nzbget/). Jw if this issue affects Newsbin SSL connections?
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/12/10

Postby salparadise » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Quade wrote:Seems like Sample files are getting mixed together with regular files in some instances and causing issues. I'm going to determine why.

This
salparadise
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/11/08

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support