Sonarr errors with 6.8 beta series

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Sonarr errors with 6.8 beta series

Postby Eurisko » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm getting the following error from Sonarr anytime I use the 6.80 betas, including beta 4:
NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8500
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 76
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 60
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 70
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 178
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 186
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.GetHistory(Int32 start, Int32 limit, String category, SabnzbdSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:line 120
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.GetHistory() in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:line 119: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

Newsbin had several errors I lost when I rolled back. I was just curious if anyone else was running into this before I try to troubleshoot it further. (I experienced it on the first beta and decided to roll back then as well and wait, but b4 was the same for me.)
Eurisko
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Re: Sonarr errors with 6.8 beta series

Postby Quade » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

This suggests the port you have Newsbin set to listen on and the Port you have Sonarr set to send commands on are different., In the Sonarr server options what happens when you "Test" the connection?

TCP:0.0.0.0:8000 0.0.0.0 LISTENING InHost

When I do a "netstat -ant" and scroll up, I see Newsbin listening on port 8000 which is what I set it to. Do you see it listening on the port you set? I changed the port to 7999 and restarted and see it listening on the new port. It could suggest that Newsbin is being blocked from binding the port by security software too.

Edit: I just used a tool to send an NZB to Newsbin through the Sab interface. It worked. Maybe Sonarr changed something but at this point it looks like a connectivity problem.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Eurisko » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:50 pm

I do exclude Newsbin from security scanning at a folder level (just double checked it wasn't just the exe).

I'll roll it forward again and re-test when I have a moment. What's odd is, some things Sonarr grabbed and sent over just fine. Others were missed throwing that error.

But just simply rolling back to 6.73 completely fixes it with no other configuration changes. I was hoping I wasn't the only one with the issue. :) I'll let you know what I find. (I'll try killing Malware bytes as well).
Eurisko
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Postby Quade » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:24 pm

It you determine the errors on Newsbin's end it might help figure this out. When if fails, you might want to check to make sure Newsbin is still listening. You might want to use a different port too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support