Version 6.80 Beta 10 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.80 Beta 10 Available...

Postby dexter » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Time flies when you're having fun. It has been a month since the last beta but that doesn't mean we haven't been doing anything. There are a ton of changes in this version, too many to list here but they are all listed on the Beta page under the "Changes in this Version" tab. A few noteworthy changes are listed below. If you were waiting for something to get fixed and don't see it here, check the Newsbin Beta Page.

Partial Summary:
  • Added hidden setting to select database performance characteristics. Choose either high performance or high reliability. Setting is in NBI file and covered in detail in the release notes and on the Beta Page under the "Changes in this Version" tab.
  • Fixed issue with autopar progress going over 100%
  • Changes to increase header processing performance
  • Fixed issue with duplicate detection mechanism
  • Lots of other fixes
Download from the Newsbin Beta Page.

If you find any issues, please reply to this thread or use our Technical Support Contact Form.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.80 Beta 10 Available...

Postby grantboucher » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Possible bug

summary: Looks like B10 disables Watch_Topics autoupdating with updated groups. Returning to B9 returns NB to normal behavior.

detail: Lets say I have a "Movies" Watch topic that monitors a group folder of Usenet groups and all it searches for is 1080p. Per Settings/Switches, Automatic Update Mode happens every 30 minutes. The same amount of time is set for Automatic Search Interval.

However, while the newsgroups appear to update every 30 minutes as expected, the watch lists are not triggered and the resultant "Show Posts" window doesn't update. If you turn off Hide Old, it appears as if nothing has updated since the first time the window was opened. But if you re-Show Posts manually, the window refreshes and shows recent and past posts as expected, so the data is there, it's just not being autorefreshed in the search windows. This happens with all watch topics.

Reinstalling B9 works again as expected.
grantboucher
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/10/03

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 am

I can't reproduce it. I wiped one watch topic, then added a second one searching for the same then. Then downloaded 5 days worth of headers and they filled. in.

If the groups list, if the watch top isn't checked, it won't update.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby grantboucher » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:37 pm

The example you cite would work fine. It's only the AUTO update that fails to cause the Watch Topics to refresh/research. The groups download and are processed, but the watch windows never refresh and so no new found items ever appear. Did you test that situation?

All Watch Topics are checked.
grantboucher
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm

There's no difference between auto-update and doing it by hand. All that auto does is update all the active groups but the actual download, watch and import mechanism is the same.

Since you think it's auto-update, I'll try that too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kirm » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 am

Just noticed today that my cache has changed to 400/400(0). Is this by design in b10?
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/15/03

Postby kenr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:42 am

Getting an error this morning:
[10/24 10:39:33] ERROR Insert Failed: Shouldn't be possible: corrupt DB: re: req: subs for cefefea series 12zpper <one@two.com>

repeated 6 times, doesn't tell me the db though,.
kenr
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 am

It's one of the header DB's. I suppose I need to display the group. Ok I changed it to display the group.

Just noticed today that my cache has changed to 400/400(0). Is this by design in b10?

Yes I increased it. I noticed I was going to disk more and more.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kenr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:03 am

Is it something to worry about, or do you repair as you go?
kenr
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 am

It probably means you need to wipe the group and re-download at least some of the headers. There's no fixing a corrupt DB. You could try fixing it with some of the sqlite tools but the author of the DB suggests at best you can dump it and re-create it with some data loss.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kenr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:36 am

since I don't know which group it is, it would mean dumping the lot.
Although I just did another update, and no errors this time.
kenr
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 pm

You could always ignore it till something comes up. The next beta will list the groups too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Moondawgie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 pm

grantboucher wrote:The example you cite would work fine. It's only the AUTO update that fails to cause the Watch Topics to refresh/research. The groups download and are processed, but the watch windows never refresh and so no new found items ever appear. Did you test that situation?

All Watch Topics are checked.

Is the "Look in Topic" box in the property settings for each of your Watch Topics what you want?

I ask becuase I encountered the same problem after installing the update to Beta 10. After reading this message thread I took a close look at properties for all of my Watch Topics and found that the setting for "Look in Topic" for all but two had changed from what they once were to one of my Group of Groups with a title that begins with '0', which is currently only contains a couple of disabled newsgroups. I don't know what caused the changes, but changing that setting to those intended to be watched resolved the issue for me.
MS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit I- ASUS P8Z77-V LE; Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz; 16.0GB DDR3; 500 Mbps cable internet.
Moondawgie
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/17/03

Postby grantboucher » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:56 am

I reupgraded to b10 and the same problem exists. The Look in Topics items are correct. I also just checked the other settings to see that they matched. Returning to b9 fixes it.

It's really as if the windows just don't do that little pulse/refresh I see flicker when the watch topic has been rescanned after the new headers have been auto-updated.

Each of these watch topics has a filter profile selected, a setting of zero for min and max file size and a Look in Groups folder selected. Since each has a Filter Profile, the Search For: option is blank except for one watch topic that has 1080p to search for. The From and Test Poster items are blank.

It's a really weird one to be sure.
grantboucher
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby weezee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 am

Hi all, just FYI

Some weeks ago I upgraded from B7 to B9, found several serious issues that I now forgot (most likely PAR/UNRAR related) and reverted to B7, solving everything.
Now I have again upgraded from B7 to B10 and NB ignores NZBs: when I load one and click it to download, NB just sits idling, and if I try to expand the files in the NZB, it won't expand.
Checked the Event Log, and no error message of sort was there.
Reverted again back to B7 and everything works fine again.
weezee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/26/05

Postby kenr » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 am

One more autopar issue, when repairing it leaves an empty folder in the GOG folder, the contents, along with a new folder of the same name, is in the mp3 folder as set in the filename options.
So if I have a folder called foo from artist aa contents bar in a gog called gog, I end up with
gog/
foo/
aa/foo/bar

hope that makes sense.
kenr
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:49 am

You might want to download to a naked folder with no embellishments and then unrar to a unique folder named for the subject maybe.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but what I think you mean is you download to an embellished folder and then the repair process moves the files to the unrar folder leaving an empty folder behind.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:21 pm

I just opened a group for which I checked "Automatic Download. Add all new posts to the download list." in the "Properties..." window before.
(I also turned on "Disable AutoPAR UnRAR for this Group - Don't UnRAR RAR files.")

I opened the group with "Show Posts", without updating the group.
There were posts from 24.10 and from 26.10. Alle were grouped but 2 groups were posted with a jpg file,
which was not grouped. The two single jpg files from 24. and 26.10 were downloaded. I checked the file date. They were downloaded on the 24. and 26.10.
The two grouped postings of those jpg files and another grouped posting were not downloaded!
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/14/12

Postby Quade » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:26 am

"Automatic Download" mode only applies to newly downloaded headers. So, loading the group won't add anything to the download list. Only header downloads after you checked "Automatic Download" will contribute files to download.

I just want to make the timeline clear.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kenr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 am

Sorry no I have mp3 folders set to artist/album
autopar seems to be leaving an empty album folder in the gog folder, as well as the correctly repaired files in the artist/album folder.
kenr
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Calahan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Quade wrote:"I just want to make the timeline clear.
Maybe my english wasn't good enough, so you didn't understand what I wrote?

I don't know if I can tell it better than before. But I'll try...

"Automatic Download" for the group was on for months.
In "Automatic Update Modes" in Settings "Update Interval(mins)" was set to 15 min and the group, in the group list, was checked all the time.

(Didn't wrote that, but otherwise there wouldn't have been new headers in the group from 24. and 26.10. as
I opened the group with "Show Posts" and there wouldn't have been the 2 downloaded jpg files, with dates of 24. and 26.10. too.)

So there were headers of 24. and 26.10. when I opened the group yesterday the 27. of October.
The 2 single .jpg files were downloaded on 24. and 26.10. - As I wrote the file dates are from 24. and 26.10.
BUT the grouped posts (3) (2 of them belonging to the jpg files) from 24. and 26.10 weren't downloaded!

I now have the group open in a tab, to see if that makes a difference.
Thought this test may take some time as the group is very idle at times but today at 12:41 a noew posting started.

Again the .jpg file (1/71) was not grouped and downloaded.
(I ask myself why the .jpg files are not grouped with the rest,they belong to, but maybe you don't want to group .jpg files at all.)

The grouped posting (2/71 - 71/71, .rar, r00-r55, .nfo, .sfv and the par2 files) was not downloaded and is still sitting there (idle).
I don't know exactly which beta's I tried before, but I think it worked with B7 and before.
And now we know, it makes no diffenrence, wether the group is open or closed.
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Were the groups downloads complete? I'm pretty sure it won't add incomplete groups.

Did you assign a filter profile to the group?

I'll give it a try and see what I can see.

Edit: I was just looking at this and not really seeing a problem. In the logging tab, it should tell you why it didn't add something to the download list. For example it won't add incompletes and/or if you have a filter profile assigned to the group, that might filter out downloads too. The fact you see 2 of N files downloading suggests the larger files are being filtered for some reason.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 pm

The grouped posts were complete. Still sitting there.
Now another posting appeared. Again a jpg and a grouped posting.
This time the single file was not downloaded.
The only difference I see is, that it has no subject at the beginning and begins with the filename in "".

I don't know what you mean with a filter profile.
Do you mean "Header Filter" which is in the Group Properties for the group?
It's set to "None".

Just looked at the logging tab. I'd set it to Debug.

Found some infos:
[10/27 23:18:13] HIGH Autodownload: File not complete yet: "xxxxxxxx.r00" - 4,76 GB - yEnc
[10/27 23:18:13] HIGH Autodownload: File not complete yet: "xxxxxxxx.jpg" - 4,76 GB - yEnc
[10/27 23:18:13] DEBUG Autodownload Added: 0 Out of 2

The debug message after those was:
[10/27 23:18:14] DEBUG Checking Autodownload: group xxx
That's strange because there is no "Automatic Download" set for that group! Maybe it has something to do with this message!?

Looked through over 4 hours of log items, many group updates, but no other message for something with Autodownload.

The grouped posting is complete and contains .rar,r00-r91,nfo,sfv and 16 par2 files.
No messages for any of those files.

I'll try what happens if I disable the "Disable AutoPAR UnRAR..." checkbox.
Then I will try B7 again.

I just saw that the group "xxx" for which I got the wrong "Automatic Download" message, is the first group in the group list and it was disabled when I used B7 and before.
For testing I disabled that group again. Let's see what happens now...
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby wiggins09 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:47 am

Upgrade from NB 6.80 Beta 9 b4978 to NB 6.80 Beta 10 b4981 W7x64

Downloaded some headers. On adding to the queue I could see that the post wasn't 100% propagated (hdrs incomplete & showed black gaps on the file segments) so I paused the entry.

Re-d/l'd headers a bit later & the balance of data had appeared.
Old d/l was still paused in queue.
Double clicked on the new hdr record but it didn't update the d/l fully (many new refs were left with blue circle markers without ticks)
I used ctrl+A for full re-selection from the updated headers & let it merge in d/l pane & leech.

Despite having only one merged d/l entry, I now have multiple folders, some containing many files +pars, some with dupes+pars, & some with just one file (esp a single par - eg folder abc.vol014+16 holds abc.vol014+16.par2).
:?
Seems I still have a merging issue. ref - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=42582&p=221742#p221742
Awesome FREE file manager - http://multicommander.com/
wiggins09
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/08/14

Postby Quade » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm not really understanding what you did.

In your shoes I'd

1 - Pause the grouped set.

2 - Download headers.

3 - Re-add the grouped set.

If that doesn't work then there might be a problem I need to look at. Probably related to demand loading of the download data from disk.

As for the other things you did, it almost sounds like you expanded the downloaded in the post list and added the files individually, if that's the case then they won't integrate with the existing item because the subject doesn't match and each one will follow the pathing rules meaning if you have $(SUBJECT) for example in the path, each file will to go a unique folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby wiggins09 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:30 am

Quade wrote:I'm not really understanding what you did.

In your shoes I'd

1 - Pause the grouped set.

2 - Download headers.

3 - Re-add the grouped set.

If that doesn't work then there might be a problem I need to look at. Probably related to demand loading of the download data from disk.

As for the other things you did, it almost sounds like you expanded the downloaded in the post list and added the files individually, if that's the case then they won't integrate with the existing item because the subject doesn't match and each one will follow the pathing rules meaning if you have $(SUBJECT) for example in the path, each file will to go a unique folder.

Your 1-3 = Thats what I did. But I was trying to include this info (sorry for being unclear):-

- I used the post ref to filter the new hdrs.
- selected the unexpanded group selection & hit <enter>, the d/l remained at 0kbs & NB didn't appear to update/merge the files in the queue as it normally would have.
- I expanded the hdr selection, saw the unticked items & did <ctrl+a> & hit <enter>, the d/l resumed.

I didn't delete the paused queue entry before I re-selected new entries & hit <enter>, either time.
It was the only thing in the queue & there remained only that one unexpanded entry in the queue after I hit <enter> both times. So I thought NB would do what it normally does - merge the selections & d/l into one folder. It didn't.
Hope that's clearer...
It stood out becos NB has been so good at auto-updating & merging selections in the past, once I discovered I could re-add hdrs/fileset refs to existing d/ls I've used that method a number of times. :wink:
Awesome FREE file manager - http://multicommander.com/
wiggins09
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/08/14

Postby Calahan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:36 am

Options->Settings...->Network->"Use Speed Limit Time-out: Full Speed after:" doesn't work anymore.
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:18 am

Options->Settings...->Network->"Use Speed Limit Time-out: Full Speed after:" doesn't work anymore.

I'll check. Thanks. The scheduler will probably override this setting so make sure it's off
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Autodownload still doesn't work for me with B10!

I disabled the group, which was mentioned in the logging tab, after the correct autodownload group.
Now the logging tab mentions the next group "group-yyy", which is enabled.
But "group-yyy" is NOT an autodownload group either, nevertheless the logging tab says: Checking Autodownload: "group-yyy".

Before that there is ONE line which said: HIGH Autodownload: File not complete yet xxx.r25
After that the grouped posting was getting complete (until .r91 and pars etc., but was NOT downloaded.
Nevertheless, the single jpg file was downloaded. This time it only consists of 2 parts, which were maybe complete, so it was downloaded.

Seems that Autodownload may work with B10, if the grouped posting gets complete with a single header update.
I've set Newsbin to download headers every 15 minutes.
So there is a high chance it's incomplete first. Then later, when it's complete, it seems that it's ignored...

So I think, if I set the download headers interval, to maybe a few hours, it would work.

But I think Newsbin should download all what's getting in (with a header update) as fast as possible, so it's downloaded, before it is deleted!

Newsbin should begin downloading the complete files of a grouped posting, then continue with the next files which are getting complete, until all is complete...
I don't know the reason either, why Newsbin shouldn't download incompletes as well, as it can wait for the missing parts of the file and download them, when they appear.

Doing a header update every 10 hours now, so the files are hopefully complete, well it depends on the upload speed and on the size of the posting, creates a new problem:
If Newsbin waits too long with the header update (and the download), in some groups, the posting is deleted, before it can be downloaded!
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 am

I downloaded 70 gigs of stuff I didn't want because I enabled auto-mode for a popular group. So, I think automode can work

You theory seems to be that if a set is incomplete in one pass, then becomes complete in a subsequent pass then it doesn't get added to download. I can check that.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 am

As I wrote, I had set header download interval to 10 hours and it worked.
Single jpg file and this time a new posted complete grouped post was downloaded.
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby grantboucher » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 pm

I wonder if this is related to my reported problem as well? I also have the headers auto-download very often (every 30 minutes). And while this works fine with B9 (showing incompletes, see below) it doesn't show those updated posts with B10 as we've tried to nail down. Maybe it's connected to this incompletes issue?

Note that (with all previous versions) these incompletes often (but not always) show the same incomplete post twice. Sometimes they don't update unless I press the + sign to expand them and then close it up again. Sometimes the second incomplete duplicate fills in and reads as complete even when the first one is still in the same list showing as incomplete. While this has always happened as long as I can remember, I never considered it a deal-breaking bug, so I never reported it. But given what others are saying, maybe this is all related?

I hope I'm helping and not just muddying the waters. :)
grantboucher
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby cathaven » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Just installed B10 & have noticed a very minor issue. Now when I open the program, the Message of the day windows shows a "Can't Reach This Page" error. I think you've changed the address & NBP needs updating to reflect that.
cathaven
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Quade » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Message of the day windows shows a "Can't Reach This Page" error. I think you've changed the address & NBP needs updating to reflect that.

We haven't. Had a couple reports of this along with not being able to use search. Normally I'd suspect security software but it's not clear why it would block specific addresses.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby cathaven » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Quade wrote:
Message of the day windows shows a "Can't Reach This Page" error. I think you've changed the address & NBP needs updating to reflect that.

We haven't. Had a couple reports of this along with not being able to use search. Normally I'd suspect security software but it's not clear why it would block specific addresses.

The only thing I have running, apart from default Windows 10 stuff, is Avast. Tried disabling it, but it didn't help. If you have any suggestions, I'm happy to experiment for you. It was definitely fine up until installing B10, otherwise I would never have known about it to install. :)
cathaven
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:49 am

Avast is one of the worst for this. If you have another PC to test it on, I'd try this other PC. If you don't, I might remove Avast then reboot. See if it works, then re-install Avast if you want to keep using it. You might then have to tell Avast to ignore Newsbin.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby cathaven » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

Quade wrote:Avast is one of the worst for this. If you have another PC to test it on, I'd try this other PC. If you don't, I might remove Avast then reboot. See if it works, then re-install Avast if you want to keep using it. You might then have to tell Avast to ignore Newsbin.

Tried completely removing Avast with Revo Uninstaller. It made no difference. It's also not the Windows Firewall, as ever since I uninstalled Avast, it's been bugging me about it being turned off. :)
cathaven
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby dexter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Did you reboot your machine after you disabled Avast? A reboot is required to get it out of your system.

Also, I'm not convinced Revo does a good job uninstalling. Had another user try it and it messed things up pretty good. To test this, you really only need to disable Avast, reboot your machine, then see if Newsbin starts working.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cathaven » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Yes, I rebooted. Twice in fact.
cathaven
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby dexter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Really weird. There are only a couple of other people reporting this so far. Have to wait and hear back from them and see if we can figure out some commonality.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Calahan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Quade wrote:You theory seems to be that if a set is incomplete in one pass, then becomes complete in a subsequent pass then it doesn't get added to download. I can check that.
Calahan wrote:As I wrote, I had set header download interval to 10 hours and it worked.
Single jpg file and this time a new posted complete grouped post was downloaded.
Went down from 10 to 3 hours for my group, as most posts are completed in under 3 hours there.
Again, all grouped posts were auto-downloaded.

But to be on a safer side, I would like to have a 15 Min interval, as before.
Did you find the time to further investigate my theory?
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:17 am

I have a fix for the next beta. Your theory was correct. Files that became complete in subsequent header downloads weren't getting fed. I'm getting some more testing in today and might have it up on IRC some time today. Which means the earliest it might hit the forum is tomorrow.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby FriedLocust » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:42 am

Since today my log tab fills up with ERROR Remote NZB Interface: Unable to bind Remote control Socket. And Sonarr reports Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

Yesterday everything worked fine with Sonarr. I have not changed a thing. I just rebooted my computer today and started Newsbin. I'm on 6.8b10. Sonarr has not updated.
I thought I ask here before I head over to the Sonarr forum.

Code: Select all
HTTP Error - Res: [POST] http://localhost:8000/api?mode=addfile&cat=tv&priority=1&apikey=(removed)&output=json: 404.NotFound
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Not Found</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>
<BODY><h2>Not Found</h2>
<hr><p>HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.</p>
</BODY></HTML>

From Sonarr logs
FriedLocust
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/13/05

Postby dexter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:20 am

FriedLocust wrote:... I have not changed a thing. I just rebooted my computer today and started Newsbin. ...

That's all it takes. Something updated on your system and is now blocking the local TCP connection after reboot. Could be your Internet Security software. You need to go in and allow Newsbin full access.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FriedLocust » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 am

dexter wrote:
FriedLocust wrote:... I have not changed a thing. I just rebooted my computer today and started Newsbin. ...

That's all it takes. Something updated on your system and is now blocking the local TCP connection after reboot. Could be your Internet Security software. You need to go in and allow Newsbin full access.

Win 10 only Defender. You mean allow Newsbin access for example in Win firewall? Bloody windows.

Edit: The device or resource is not set up to accept connections on port The World Wide Web Service (HTTP)
Guess I'm screwed. :(
FriedLocust
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/13/05

Postby Quade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:35 am

We did find a weird problem in the 32 bit version (which Dex and I tend not to use) which has been addressed in B11. It wasn't even a code problem. I had to change how the devel tools built the 32 bit version and that fixed the problem.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support