Drag select makes the mouse jump to lower right corner.

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Drag select makes the mouse jump to lower right corner.

Postby jbakers » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 am

vspazv wrote:Odd issue...

When using click-drag to highlight posts the cursor is instantly moved to the bottom right corner of the screen. Only occurs if there is a left/right scroll bar on the bottom of the window due to column width and if there is room to scroll to the right.

Edit: Occurs in the group and download panes too if there is a scroll bar at the bottom.
(viewtopic.php?f=44&t=42850)

Happening to me now in current 6.80Beta release.
Im on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Nvidio gtx 1070
AV = Eset nod32 10
not running a firewall other than windows one

It only happens on my 2nd monitor which is 1680x1050.
My main monitor is 1920x1080, and here I can not recreate this bug.

grantboucher wrote:
vspazv wrote:Odd issue...

When using click-drag to highlight posts the cursor is instantly moved to the bottom right corner of the screen. Only occurs if there is a left/right scroll bar on the bottom of the window due to column width and if there is room to scroll to the right.

Edit: Occurs in the group and download panes too if there is a scroll bar at the bottom.

I have the same problem. If I drag select with the left mouse button directly on the text of a list, everything works normally. However if I RMB and try to lasso-drag starting in the open space, the cursor jumps to the far right, bottom corner. I have a multimonitor system (nvidia GPU, not set to Surround mode) and whatever monitor Newsbin is on, the mouse jumps to the bottom right corner of the furthest right monitor.

This did not happen before recently and happens with b9, b10, and b11 (which I have been trying to track down another bug with you guys on another thread). I suspect that this is related to a change at the OS/libraries level with the Fall Creators Update, but only because of the the timing of that update and this problem. This is Win 10 x64. My monitor layout is 3 1 (primary) 2.

I DO have the problem with click-hold-drag on both left and right button, but as I said I cant recreate it on my main window.

Hope I provided enough info.
Thanks!
jbakers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/10/14

Re: Drag select makes the mouse jump to lower right corner.

Postby Quade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 am

I'll have to try it on my left monitor. I never considered that. Thanks.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby jbakers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 am

My apologies, I have seem to tracked thed bug down, but its not Newsbin.
Its 7zip and Winrar.
Well actually its latest Win 10 64bit that screwed with winrar and 7zip.

Sry for the troubles..
jbakers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:34 am

Ha no problem. I did try it and couldn't make it happen.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby jh20001 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:16 am

jbakers wrote:My apologies, I have seem to tracked thed bug down, but its not Newsbin.
Its 7zip and Winrar.
Well actually its latest Win 10 64bit that screwed with winrar and 7zip.

Sry for the troubles..

How did you come to this conclusion? Did you have to uninstall one of these applications? I too am discovering this, but it didn't seem to happen until I switched to a new Logitech mouse (M705).

My scenarios = 3 monitors (and I moved Newsbin around between the monitors to see what happens)
- If I drag to select within newsbin on the right monitor, mouse 50% of the time or so will shoot to the bottom (or top) right corner of the screen.
- If I do the same on the middle monitor, it will shoot off to the bottom (or top) right corner of the right screen.
- If I try to drag to select on the far left monitor, it won't select. It begins to select and then lags a few steps and stops, making a small highlighted square the size of a 32x32 icon (and won't drag further).

At first I thought it was the mouse, as for some reason I thought it wasn't just Newsbin. Once I came to the conclusion that I don't remember which other application (if any), I found my way here to see if maybe its the software and not the mouse. I'm still undetermined.
jh20001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/30/06

Postby jbakers » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:50 am

Tbh after my last post here I also figured out it's not winrar or 7zip causing it, I just cba to figure it out anymore.

I do know it always happens when I "right click drag" a smaller winrar window, on top of a maximized newsbin window (ie. to select multiple nzb's from that rar file to drag them into newsbin.)

I too am lost.
jbakers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:09 am

I do know it always happens when I "right click drag" a smaller winrar window, on top of a maximized newsbin window (ie. to select multiple nzb's from that rar file to drag them into newsbin.)

Have you tried just D&Ding the RAR filled with NZB's directly onto Newsbin? Newsbin should be able to read the NZB's out of the rar when drag and dropping.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby jbakers » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:11 am

Oh, I didn't know that, will surely try that!

Thanks
jbakers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby jh20001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Sadly I guess this will just end up in the unsolved mysteries pile when it comes to simply dragging to select items in a list (ie, downloads window, search results, etc).
jh20001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/30/06

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support