New issue with 6.80rc5

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

New issue with 6.80rc5

Postby coyote2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Often the GUI leaves filesets on the Downloaded tab that might might be completed (if I can infer that by that I can rename/move the decoded files; don't laugh, that has been a reliable gauge), but Progress = 0% unRAR, right-click properties won't pull up a window. And I can't delete them; but the fileset then disappears if I close and reopen the program.

I've re-d/l-ed the installer and re-installed 6.80rc5.

I'll see if I can replicate this by re-d/l-ing a fileset this happened with. In any case, time it happens I'll followup with an offer to share the .nzb file via PM.
coyote2
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/19/09

Re: New issue with 6.80rc5

Postby Quade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:55 pm

See anything in the logging tab?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby coyote2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Quade wrote:See anything in the logging tab?

Oops I never think to look at Logging. Next time it happens I will; but I dunno if it'll mean anything to me; should I copy/paste it from the GUI somewhere, Iike into a forum post?
coyote2
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby coyote2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm

My Download queue got to a fileset that now says 0% unRAR, but the decode seems to have completed. I'll PM the .nzb to Quade.

I'll paste the Logging (which stopped too) into the PM to Quade.

The Logging didn't mean anything to me, so I tried Pausing subsequent filesets to try to isolate logging to the problematic one. The downloading stopped, BUT THE GUI DID NOT SHOW ANYTHING IN PAUSE MODE. Until selected Resume download, then the downloading resumed. I toggled this a time or two and now I can't get downloading to resume. And NO filesets will display a Properties window.

Given the apparent hung state, I selected all rows and hit pause. Then I exited, and restarted Newsbin.

Like magic, though I had never hit delete, the offending 0% unRAR fileset was gone, leaving only the remaining filesets which happily began downloading, and displaying their Properties window with Ctrl-I.

Now, I wasn't home to see what the Status column displayed prior to 0% unRAR, but it again seems to have completed aok.
coyote2
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support