Unrar problems 6.80RC5 and stable release

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Unrar problems 6.80RC5 and stable release

Postby Jeru » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm

I've been having problems with Newsbin not properly unrarring and seemingly being stuck on parring.
I've read in a post before that it might have been something like malware antibytes. But I've uninstalled it and restarted the pc and redownloaded the file.

The weird thing is that it happens from time to time, not with all NZB's but just with some.
If I look in the Autorar properties of the NZB I see that it cant find a block for an .nfo file, which would explain why it won't unrar I guess, but if I try downloading with another usenet client for example nzbget, it just works fine with exactly the same NZB file.

I haven't looked if this is always a problem with NFO files, because I just get fed up with having to manually unrar files and have been doing it for a while now.

I use 2 different usenet servers, have tried each seperately.

I have done a clean install of 6.80rc5 and only changed download folders.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit. No other anti virus/malware software besides windows defender.

*edit*

When looking at the output that NZBget unrarred it seems it just skips over the nfo file and unrars the other file just fine.
Jeru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unrar problems 6.80RC5 and stable release

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Code: Select all
[AutoRAR]
EarlyDecode=1

If you add this to the NBI, It'll ignore the NFO files. What seem to be happening lately is a bunch of NZB files with only a single small PAR file. The single small par isn't enough to repair the NFO into existence.

The one issue with this is that file rename depends on repair so, no repair might mean some obscured posts don't get renamed. I haven't verified this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Unrar problems 6.80RC5 and stable release

Postby Jeru » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Quade wrote:
Code: Links not allowed for unregistered users
[AutoRAR]
EarlyDecode=1

If you add this to the NBI, It'll ignore the NFO files. What seem to be happening lately is a bunch of NZB files with only a single small PAR file. The single small par isn't enough to repair the NFO into existence.

The one issue with this is that file rename depends on repair so, no repair might mean some obscured posts don't get renamed. I haven't verified this.

Thanks for the quick answer, it instantly fixed it for the file I was trying to download.

Just for future reference for other noob users.
To use this fix, go to settings, click on Open Data Folder -> Shutdown Newsbin -> right click on Newsbin.nbi -> open with notepad or notepad++ -> add the suggested code at the bottom and save -> Reopen Newsbin.

I'll try it some more tomorrow and see if it fixed it for most downloads now. Thanks again.
Jeru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support