Download history not clearing

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Download history not clearing

Postby Biship » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am

How frequently will the NZB interface history clear?
Sonarr checks it every minute and finds shows, and then checks the folder to import them.
However Sonarr has already successfully found and imported it (once), and on subsequent history queries to NBP finds a record of something to import, trys too and can't find the file/folder (because it has already imported and moved/deleted).
Biship
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Re: Download history not clearing

Postby Quade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:24 am

The answer is "after awhile" like numerous days or when the count gets high enough.

I've never seen Sonarr re-scan the history list though and try to re-process the files it's already processed. Sonarr knows what NZB's it's already processed because it tracks the NZB names and Newsbin reports the NZB names in the history data. Reading your post it wasn't clear but it sounds like you're forcing a re-scan? The question is, why does Sonarr forget the file it's already imported and try to import it again? I've never seen Sonarr scan as quickly as once per minute. I wonder if this is some new behavior?

I believe in the "Download Client" options you can tell Sonarr to delete the history entries right after it process the file. I've tested this mode and watched it delete the history entry. You might want to turn that on. It should keep the history pretty well cleaned out.

Unless Sonarr is re-downloading the NZB because it can't find the file to import after it already imported it, this seems like a cosmetic problem. You need to tell me if it's more serious.

I edited your original post. I made a copy of the rest of the post for me to look over. You violated about the only rule this forum has by describing what you're downloading.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Biship » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Both Sonarr and Radarr run "Check For Finished Download" every minute - which does the call to NPB mode=history.
Looking at the logs it looks like they only poll every min when it expects NPB to be downloading something requested.
I had NBP's unrar folder the same as a Sonarr's NZB blackhole folder and I think the file was grabbed (imported) by the blackhole download poll, but Sonarr kept polling NZB for it (perpetually).
So likely be my mistake. I've disabled the blackhole polling and will monitor.

Ah, I see the API call mode=get_config tells Sonarr where to find the files.

Sorry for the false alert!
Biship
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:24 am

I had NBP's unrar folder the same as a Sonarr's NZB blackhole folder and I think the file was grabbed (imported) by the blackhole download poll, but Sonarr kept polling NZB for it (perpetually).

Yeah, you probably don't want to do this. I'd suggest making the unrar folder a dedicated folder for Sonarr.

Ah, I see the API call mode=get_config tells Sonarr where to find the files.

The history poll tells Sonarr the NZB Filename and the unrar folder. get_config only seems to validate that the connection is working.

The issue with having two moving targets like this is that I'm not always aware of changes the Sonarr guys make to how they talk to the download client.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support