alt.binaries and search

Make suggestions for new features.

Moderator: Quade

alt.binaries and search

Postby tapndog1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm

I recently signed up for the alt.binaries special to use the Newsbin search feature. However after looking up a particular listing on Binsearch and then going to the Newsbin search for the same listing I find that it is not there. A listing that shows today on Binsearch does not show on Newsbin search for the last three days. Why is this?
tapndog1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: alt.binaries and search

Postby Quade » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:00 am

PM me some examples. Don't post it here. Alt.Binaries has nothing to do with search so the lack of results has nothing to do with them. It's something Dex and I will have to look at after you give us more details.

I just did a quick search for something from 3 hours ago and see it both in search and in headers.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: alt.binaries and search

Postby dexter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:30 am

tapndog1 wrote:after looking up a particular listing on Binsearch and then going to the Newsbin search for the same listing I find that it is not there. A listing that shows today on Binsearch does not show on Newsbin search for the last three days. Why is this?

Make sure you don't have filters set that might be filtering out the results you are expecting to see. As Quade said, if you can PM us an example, we can look into it.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Feature Requests