Autopar with Passworded Posts

General NewsBin and Usenet related discussions. Make recommendations for additional specific discussion groups.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Autopar with Passworded Posts

Postby tapndog1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Is it possible in the future builds to work in a fill in for passwords that must be used to get autopar going. In other words, when I download movies with passwords and autopar is on, newsbin downloads everything including par2 files. This sometimes can be many gigabyte and the movie will not be assembled until the password manually added through WinRar. The movies I download have the same password all the time so it would be nice if I didn't have to enter it after the posts are all downloaded.
tapndog1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Autopar with Passworded Posts

Postby Quade » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:54 pm

If you put the password into the password list. Newsbin should be using it while downloading. If you don't have a password, the default behavior is to reject the download. Forcing the download or disabling the password check in the spam options will disable this "reject encrypted files" mode.

Options/Password Manager.

You can also add them with wordpad to "RarPasswords.txt". Newsbin reads the password file with each attempt to unrar so they can be added to the text file while Newsbin is running.

Newsbin doesn't use WinRAR so I'm not clear how adding the password to WinRAR impacts Newsbin.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to General Discussion