Dowloading last file with current file - last two days

General NewsBin and Usenet related discussions. Make recommendations for additional specific discussion groups.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Dowloading last file with current file - last two days

Postby zorro6204 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:21 pm

All of a sudden when I download a new file (by clicking on an nzb), the program decides I must have liked the last file I downloaded enough to see it again, because it's tossing it in! There is no litter left in the program, so far as I can tell, and it does this regardless of how much time has passed, a reboot, even after a cleaning with Cyber Scrub. I don't see this odd behavior being reported elsewhere. It just started doing it yesterday out of the blue. I made no changes to Newsbin or anything else I can think of that would matter.
zorro6204
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Dowloading last file with current file - last two days

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:02 pm

- From the options select "Open Data Folder"
- Exit Newsbin.
- In the spool_v6 folder, delete the "Nzbs" folder.

See what happens. What version are you using?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby zorro6204 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:15 pm

6.80 build 5058.

> From the options select "Open Data Folder"

No such option.

> In the spool_v6 folder . . .

No such thing. I searched with the "Everything" utility (WIN 10 search blows), I don't see any such directory.

Anyway, let's try it this morning, I just did a data scrub . . . nope, it didn't do it. Now why in the heck would the program act like that out of the blue for two days and then just stop? I touched nothing, I click on an nzb, and shut down Newsbin after the file downloaded, that's all I do, ever.
zorro6204
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 am

Options/Settings from the menu. It's the button at the bottom that says "Open Data Folder".

It's there. I didn't think I've have to explain too much. You're not using a screen reader are you? If yes, I'll try to be more detailed.

As for why PC's are weird....they just are.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby zorro6204 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

It's doing it again, the last file I downloaded last night greeted me again this morning.

"It's the button at the bottom that says "Open Data Folder"."

Okay, I see it, I was looking at the menu, it's \AppData\Local\Newsbin in Win 10. So, exit Newsbin and find the spool_v6 folder . . . only there isn't any such thing there. I tried searching for any folder with "spool" in it, nothing comes up related to Newsbin.

BUT there is a directory called "Nzbs", and in that folder is another that contains my default download directory, and in that folder is . . . the last four nzb files I used, including the last one from yesterday that downloaded again this morning. Could that be the root of the problem?

Why is the program saving any history of my downloads, and how can I stop it? I go through a lot of trouble clearing all the Win 10 stuff that builds up, despite my ruthless settings, including running a daily CyberScrub, so the last thing I want is my downloads saved, even if it's only one. Uncheck "save files list on exit" from advanced settings?

That doesn't explain why it would all of a sudden do this, then stop, then start again.
zorro6204
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm

The data folder is self purging. Anything that's of temporary nature like chunks and NZB's get purged when it's two days old by default.

You should make your cleanup software including virus scanners just ignore the data folder. It can only break things. If you never load an NZB into the GUI then you might not have a spool_v6. You might want to delete the downloadsv2.db3. It stores the download, wish and failed lists.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby zorro6204 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 pm

I'm not sure how to do any of that I'm afraid. But thanks.
zorro6204
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to General Discussion