UnRAR to Specific folder / drive

General NewsBin and Usenet related discussions. Make recommendations for additional specific discussion groups.

Moderators: Quade, dexter

UnRAR to Specific folder / drive

Postby ItsMe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Is there an easy way to make newsbin unrar to a specific folder based on expressions.

For Example;
if file name contains ".s0" then unrar to a folder TV
if file name contains "1080P" and doesn't contain ".s0" unrar to a folder called 1080
etc...

Thanks

EDIT:

It appears one way I may be able to is by setting all my downloads to unrar to one folder and have scripts enabled with a script that then moves the files to the assorted drives / folders that I want things placed into.

Unfortunately I know nothing about writing a script for newsbin.

I do have some very old school 'basic' programming recollections and a good understanding of logic statements, but no clue as to putting them in a script file (text file what extension?)
ItsMe
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/05

Re: UnRAR to Specific folder / drive

Postby Quade » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:31 pm

How are you downloading? Search, NZB's or Headers? The answer changes depending.

You can't unrar using expressions but you can, if using NZB's for instance, have multiple NZB import folders, each with a different unrar path set.

You can also set the unrar path to include parts of the NZB filename too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby ItsMe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Hmmmm...
Currently I DL'd about 75% of my files via headers and 25% via NZBs from the web....

I will give your suggestion a try, and right click create NZB from posts... and save the NZB into a watched folder that specifies the the UN-RAR path I am looking...

Seems like it is a much simpler solution than a batch file to move all the files from one central folder.
ItsMe
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/05

Postby Quade » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:13 am

I will give your suggestion a try, and right click create NZB from posts... and save the NZB into a watched folder that specifies the the UN-RAR path I am looking...

You can set a "per group" unrar folder too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to General Discussion