Display age

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Display age

Postby danrobin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:42 pm

I can never remember what to set the display age setting to. does 0 mean it will show all headers? or do i put the actual number in like 2000. What ever i put in I am not getting any headers showing on the list. It shows they are there but won't show them.
Danrobin
danrobin
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/09/06

Re: Display age

Postby dexter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Display Age is the number of days worth of headers Newsbin will load when you use "Show Posts". I typically set it to 30 to show the last month. You can override the Display Age by right-clicking the group and select "Show All Posts". This is not advisable for the really large newsgroups.

If posts aren't showing, first make sure your Storage Age isn't set so short that headers are getting purged from disk as soon as they land. Also, check to make sure you don't have any filters set that might be hiding posts that are loading.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Display age

Postby Quade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:48 am

You don't want it set to zero. If you want all of them all the time (which as Dex says we don't recommend) you might set it to 4000.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum