Question on combining filters

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Question on combining filters

Postby shawn » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:40 am

I'm running into a problem while trying to combine two filters that work on their own but won't work together and I'm wondering if that's design.
I have a filter that I use for one that accepts posts if the header matches a poster's posting name. Another filter I have accepts posts if the Subject matches a particular subject. They each work for their respective newsgroups. However if I put both filters into a new filter and then try and apply that filter to one of the newsgroups no posts pass through the filters.

So is this by design, or is there a method that I can set up two tests (one subject and one poster) and have any header that passes either test be displayed?
I hope my explanation is clear enough. Thanks for any help.
shawn
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/02/03

Re: Question on combining filters

Postby Quade » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:23 am

PM me what you're putting into the filter for this and the group. I'll look at it and see what I think. Both should be combinable but I wonder if it's not matching what you think it's matching so the combination doesn't work.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum