Not createing seperate 'new' folders after download

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Not createing seperate 'new' folders after download

Postby Bobsen » Sun May 28, 2017 4:31 am

Hi,
I recently built a new computer and after installing the new versions of my 'old' programs I have a problem with folders not being 'created' in the download folder with newsbin. With my other install (old computer) when a download was being downloaded it created a folder with the name of the the download. Now it just throws all the files into what ever the folder that it is being downloaded to. I hope this makes sense. I am using version 6.73 Build 4821 on a Win 10 pro machine. Also, I would like to change the version style (an option in the beginning of the install) to get back the one I had before, is it possible without have to reinstall the whole thing?
Thanks in advance,
Bobsen
Bobsen
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Not createing seperate 'new' folders after download

Postby dexter » Sun May 28, 2017 8:14 am

1) Go under Options -> Settings and apply a path variable to your path to get Newsbin to create folders for your downloads. It is documented here.

2) You can re-run the installer and select the GUI style you want. All your settings will be maintained. Or you can manually move the windows around the way you like. There is a video showing how to do it here.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Not createing seperate 'new' folders after download

Postby Bobsen » Sun May 28, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply and information. I rarely have to use the forums to find help with problems because your product just works, there are no problems.
Thanks again,
Bobsen
Bobsen
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newbie Forum