critical error messages window

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

critical error messages window

Postby scooter60624 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 am

Whenever I start Newsbin, it brings up a critical error messages popup window and spends about a minute listing out all of the file downloads that had errors in the past. I tried selecting all of the file names in the window and clearing them, but the next time I start Newsbin the same window pops up and lists the same files. It is sort of a pain because I have to wait until it is finished listing all of the files before I can start using Newsbin. Is there anything I can do to stop this popup window every time I start Newsbin? Thanks!
scooter60624
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/13/16

Re: critical error messages window

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 am

You can disable this popup in the confirmation windows options.

That said, it suggest you might have a bunch of stuck downloads in the download list. If you're not currently downloading anything, in the options select "Open Data Folder" then delete "DownloadsV2.db3". This will wipe the failed, wish and download list. When you restart Newsbin, it'll regenerate that file from scratch (regenerate an empty file).
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: critical error messages window

Postby scooter60624 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Problem solved! Thanks so much!
scooter60624
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/13/16

Return to Newbie Forum