Groups List icons?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Groups List icons?

Postby playmeforafool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 pm

I saw the post what do the subject icons all mean?, but my question is about the icons in the "Groups List" view. Where can I find out what they mean? The icons legend doesn't seem to make sense here. Mainly I'm asking because all but one of my groups is preceded by a filled in blue circle with a white check-mark in it (I don't think all of these groups are constantly queued for download)... And the very first group has only a solid blue circle (I don't think this group is "idle/old" as I just looked at it). I don't know how long it has been like this, but now it is bugging me. :?
playmeforafool
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/01/12

Re: Groups List icons?

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:03 pm

The checked/non-checked state of the group determines if headers are downloaded both when you have automatic headers download enabled and when you hit the "Download Headers" button on the main toolbar.

Lets say you subscribe to a group to use it as a filter during searching but you don't want to download headers from it. Automatic download of files from header download is denoted with an "Auto" next to the group name.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum