Lost filter profiles

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Lost filter profiles

Postby dane » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 am

Hi All

I'm using Newbin 6.80B7 and just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 (thinking about going to 10 pretty quick). After the update, when I started Newsbin, I got a completely empty shell (no groups, etc) and an error which said NB requires a newsfeed.

I searched for, and loaded, a recent nbi file which loaded by groups. I had to rearrange the UI a bit, but no problem. However, when I go to the menu and choose options/filters - my filters are all gone; don't even have "global" filter. Are filters stored in a different place than the nbi file, and can I import them?

Thanks,
DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/25/05

Re: Lost filter profiles

Postby Quade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 am

The NBI is often but not always in the data folder. The filters are in a file called "Filters.db3". You need to find that file and copy it the data folder pointed at by the NBI. You can look inside the NBI with Wordpad to discover what data folder it's set to.

You want to copy it in when Newsbin isn't running.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Lost filter profiles

Postby dane » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 am

Thank you - all better now - Happy Thanksgiving.

DaDane
dane
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/25/05

Return to Newbie Forum