NBP Crash - max downloads in the Queue?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

NBP Crash - max downloads in the Queue?

Postby RankoSaotome » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello again.

I made a mistake - I tried to add the postings (all I could get, even old ones from 2014) of a newsgroup with a high count of postings to the download queue and tried to sort it to let the smaller postings download first (so the Queue would get shorter in a small amount of time).
Adding to the download list/queue did work. As far as I remember there were servereal million postings. Image link not allowed for unregistered users
When I clicked the Size column to let it sort by size, well it took some time and then Windows 7 told me the app crashed. Image link not allowed for unregistered users
I waited some time, but the CPU went idle and after 10 minutes or so I closed NBP. Image link not allowed for unregistered users

Since then whenever I try to restart NBP it starts, one of the CPU Cores goes busy (100%), then after some Time windows tells me App crashed again and the CPU goes idle again.

So since I can't start NBP any more I have some questions:
1. Is there a way (without sql programming knowledge) to let NBP start and only show the download queue so I can edit it/make it smaller?
2. Where is the download queue stored, so I could try to delete it and start NBP angain and?
3. Is there a Limit to the Postings I can hold in the download queue?

Thank you in advance Image link not allowed for unregistered users
Please excuse my typos. I am not native english speaking.
= = = =
System: AMD FX8350 (8core @4GHz), 32GB DDR3, some SSD and some HDD, Win7 64bits
RankoSaotome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBP Crash - max downloads in the Queue?

Postby Quade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 pm

If I had to guess, I'd guess "DownloadsV2.db3" is corrupt. If you delete it, it'll remove the download, wish and failed lists. That should get it working again.

There's no hard upper limit to the number of downloads you can queue but they all consume some ram so, depending on your ram it'll eventually run out.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: NBP Crash - max downloads in the Queue?

Postby RankoSaotome » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Thank you.
Deleting that file worked.
NBP starts again.
Please excuse my typos. I am not native english speaking.
= = = =
System: AMD FX8350 (8core @4GHz), 32GB DDR3, some SSD and some HDD, Win7 64bits
RankoSaotome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newbie Forum